Extending FCC under POM to 2022 - thoughts?

GettotheSun

Given that 2020 is entirely a write-off for cruising, and likely up to half of 2021 will be a no-go, I wonder if NCL will consider extending the FCC deadline of Dec 31, 2021 to use the FCC under the POM policy?   I booked a cruise for late September next year,  but who can say if cruises will actually be sailing then...hopefully so, but even if so, will they be at reduced capacity even then?   

While vaccine news seems increasingly positive, nothing is for sure.  

I am not super confident that our rebooked cruise at end of September will go ahead...maybe cautiously optimistic?

I do wonder if NCL will push out the expiration of FCC under POM to 2022?  

22 hours ago, bluenose1 said:

I would think they would push it out a year from your cancellation or cruise date. 

Thanks - I guess that would be the case if they are still cancelling at that point.

I should have been a bit clearer with my question - I received FCC due to me cancelling days before the shut down order...I wasn't sure what was going to happen, so we cancelled.  I received FCC under the brand new POM, and that FCC expires by Dec 2021.  I'm assuming, perhaps naively, that even if cruises are up and running by September - they may still not be quite that safe...wondering if NCL would extend my credit beyond that Dec 2021 deadline if I decided not safe to sail in 2021.   When I 'signed up' for the Dec 2021 deadline, I (again perhaps naively) figured this would be well over by Spring of 2021.

I guess worst case, I could cancel under the insurance, but then I'm carving another 25% off the FCC.  First world problem, I guess.