Black Friday Sale

dszrew

28 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Yes - that's why you can't make a combination cruise out of two extended journeys. They're already discounted (BTW, significantly more than if you were able to join all the segments as a combo for only a 5% discount.

Well, it's only 1 extended journey, not 2, (that would be wishful thinking), but at 28 days total, its a long time cruising.  I know you understand all the intricacies of O much better than I do, since I've only been on 3 O cruises, one of which was an extended journey.  So thanks for the replies.

I'll just be happy for a vaccine so we can get back out into the world again, be it on land or sea. 

13 minutes ago, the mice said:

Well, it's only 1 extended journey, not 2, (that would be wishful thinking), but at 28 days total, its a long time cruising.  I know you understand all the intricacies of O much better than I do, since I've only been on 3 O cruises, one of which was an extended journey.  So thanks for the replies.

I'll just be happy for a vaccine so we can get back out into the world again, be it on land or sea. 

The threat/reality of 'Rona made 2020 a tough cruise year for us. We had 3 one month + cruises booked. The first was modified and ended up in Dubai instead of Singapore and O cancelled the other two cruises. (FWIW, we were very satisfied with the bottom line of refunds/ and bonus FCCs we received and some terrific accommodation of our future cruise plans. We're skipping 2021 but do have multiple multi-segment O cruises booked for 2022.

We just nabbed a PH3 for the Sirena March 2022 Trans Atlantic, very nice price. I got in touch with my TA on Sunday night with a quote enquiry for PH 8000 (thank you everyone who chimed in about that cabin through the years - search function worked very well there) and my TA popped 8000 on hold for me before she even got back to me late last night, which was great proactivity from her as the PH3’s disappeared very rapidly through the day. 

Very excited and happy as this will be a lovely treat for my 50th. 

I do feel like I am mopping up and making the most of very good deals this year. I now have 4 cruises booked through March 2022 and all of them would be cruises that I would never really expected to have been able to take normally (2x Oceania (inside accessible and PH3), 1x PO suite class, 1x Cunard Balcony 5 day all sea day cruise to nowhere sampler). it all just takes a bit of research.  

3 hours ago, ToxM said:

We just nabbed a PH3 for the Sirena March 2022 Trans Atlantic, very nice price. I got in touch with my TA on Sunday night with a quote enquiry for PH 8000 (thank you everyone who chimed in about that cabin through the years - search function worked very well there) and my TA popped 8000 on hold for me before she even got back to me late last night, which was great proactivity from her as the PH3’s disappeared very rapidly through the day. 

Very excited and happy as this will be a lovely treat for my 50th. 

I do feel like I am mopping up and making the most of very good deals this year. I now have 4 cruises booked through March 2022 and all of them would be cruises that I would never really expected to have been able to take normally (2x Oceania (inside accessible and PH3), 1x PO suite class, 1x Cunard Balcony 5 day all sea day cruise to nowhere sampler). it all just takes a bit of research.  

In some ways, doing the homework/research keeps the passion alive. Last week, I booked two extended journeys. I'm going to frame the invoice for the 3 wk+ one that had a bottom line of $149 pp! 

Of course, multiple FCCs and a Future Deposit Certificate helped. But, thanks to most of that being bonus FCC $ beyond refunds, our out-of-pocket cruise cost is under $2k pp.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

In some ways, doing the homework/research keeps the passion alive. Last week, I booked two extended journeys. I'm going to frame the invoice for the 3 wk+ one that had a bottom line of $149 pp! 

Of course, multiple FCCs and a Future Deposit Certificate helped. But, thanks to most of that being bonus FCC $ beyond refunds, our out-of-pocket cruise cost is under $2k pp.

That is excellent! it has truly been the researching that has kept me sane over the last 10 months or so, and now it’s all come to fruition. There really are bargains to be had for long range booking as they are trying to tempt people back and short range because a lot of people just don’t feel they can. My May Sirena cruise was one that I never thought I would be able to do as cruising ex Southampton is usually pretty expensive but the price was a bit of a steal. I negotiated hard for the 2022 one with Marital Unit and presented a few options that were unattainable (Papeete was one, but too far to travel for us, but maybe we will get there on a world cruise) and nestled the one we have booked in quietly as a hot favourite. 

I am looking forward to being able to try different lines and grades to see how they fare, my heart does belong to Oceania, but there’s no harm in picking the low fruit when it presents itself.. 

Congratulations on that bottom line once again!

• Like 2