So sad and somewhat unbelievable....

goldsmip115

29 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Roll with it and move on.  Perhaps that should be the approach we take with everything.  We had a nice cruising year planned for 2021.  We had a B2B to the Southern Caribbean in February, a Iceland/Greenland TA with a week in London before the cruise in August and a Panama Canal cruise leaving on October 27.  Although nothing has been officially cancelled, I know the February Caribbean cruises and the TA won't happen, but I still hold out some hope for the Panama Canal cruise.  As soon as Celebrity opens up more cruises for 2022, we'll try to re-book and move on.

Thanks for the advice.

We did 6 weeks on ships last winter, most we've ever done in a winter season.  So glad we did.  Got off a HAL ship March 15 as everything shut down.

On 11/20/2020 at 9:46 AM, Spif Barwunkel said:

And when Infinity begins her sailings from South America in 2022, it will be the revolutionized version of her former self.

Did you get this from a reliable (and recent) source?  Infinity's Revolution date is still listed on Celebrity's website as "Coming Soon" -- it's unclear to me what's coming soon - the actual revolution drydock or just announcement of the date.

I think some X fans have "tunnel vision" when it comes to keeping up with cruise news.  These folks might want to take the time to read the entire text of the CDC's cruise Guidelines which are in effect until Nov 1, 2021.  It takes some time for cruise lines to update their online schedules, but the CDC info has been out there for over 3 weeks an accessible to anyone who took the time to follow the cruise news.  Bottom line is that there can be no cruise more then 7 days long involving any USA port until at least Nov 1, 2021!  That is pretty clear and was known in late October.  While it is possible that the CDC could modify these Guidelines, for now it is the law of the land for cruise lines.  With an incoming administration who has indicated "they will follow the science" and with several Democratic Congress folks suggesting that the "No Sail" order should be restored, it is unlikely that we will soon see anything longer then a 7 day cruise out of a US Port.  In fact, I would question whether we will see any cruise out of a US port until we have safe/effective vaccine and cruises impose a mandatory vaccination policy.  

Hank

• Like 3

On 11/20/2020 at 7:26 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

I understand the OP is upset,  most of us have also had cruises canceled.  But I don’t understand his problem with pole dancing.  Perhaps this will be better suited to younger cruisers.

Well if we will need to wear masks whenever in public, keep social distancing...thus limiting number of people at bars or dinner or shows..perhaps sex toys would not be a bad idea for those passengers stuck in their cabins 🙂

• Haha 2