So sad and somewhat unbelievable....

goldsmip115

I have been checking everyday to check on the schedule of the Summit.  2 weeks or so ago my 10 night cruise on the Summit set to depart on May 25th 2021 disappeared as did several other 9 and 10 night cruises.  Of course, not a word from Celebrity, and when my TA finally talked to Celebrity they stated that the cruise was “sold out.”  Yeah, right, four 9 or 10 night cruises in May or early June of next year suddenly all sold out overnight.  Well, if that not bad enough....

Now  I see that Celebrity is deploying the Summit at various times for 2 or 3 or 4 night cruises to the Caribbean.  How totally sad.  The Summit and the Millenium were completely renovated and now Celebrity is going to deploy those beautiful ships for nothing more than “booze cruises.”  I have been blessed to sail in that beautiful Penthouse Suite for many nights.  Many friends sailed in the Royal Suites.  I cannot even imagine the parties that will be held in these suites on those cruises.  The poor butlers and oh, the beating the suites will endure.

Why don’t they use the Infinity as they have done in the past?  Or even the Constellation?  I admit, I am so pissed at Celebrity and this is just so pathetic and sad to resort to booze cruises.  They are happy to schedule the booze cruises but not communicate with so many loyal customers.  What next?  Pole dancing on the Penthouse Suite verandah in lieu of shore excursions?  Vibrating beds for a 50 dollar a day up charge?  Your own personal selection of sex toys to order in advance?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We just had our Oct 16, 2021 Boston to San Juan relo cruise on Summit cancelled.  Nothing shown in its place.  There is nothing scheduled between Oct 16, 2021 and the first new short cruise out of Florida in early November.  So where is Summit going to be during that gap in the schedule?

I doubt that Infinity and Connie will be sailing anytime soon.  At a minimum, they will need a basic drydock for hull inspection as they were both scheduled to revolutionized with a major overhaul and drydocking.  Even if they do the minimum required, it will cost money.  Until all the other ships in the fleet are operating again and X needs more capacity, I wouldn't expect to see sailings on either Infinity or Connie.  

Great.  My 11 night on Connie next year over Thanksgiving out of Tampa likely gone too.  Gee, if the hull is bad maybe they can sell a “not to miss/exclusive shore excursion” to sink as we sail under the Sunshine Skyway bridge.  But, hurry, book today and you can have private pole dancing on the Penthouse suite verandah as we sink.  Rest assured, your butler will make it a truly memorable experience for you and your friends and family!  Book today under this special non-refundable offer.

The CDC has said that no cruises longer than 7 days can go out prior to sometime in Nov. 2021. Those guidelines could be updated. For now all cruise lines are starting out with shorter cruises on a limited number of ships. So if the Summit is one of the first ships they start it would be for the shorter cruises.

• Like 1

It appears that the OP has not been keeping up on the news. The CDC is limiting the length of Cruises. I am pretty sure that Celebrity would not like to be going through all the hassle that it will take to cancel and rebook all the people who had longer Cruises scheduled unless it was required of them.

14 minutes ago, BSinPNS said:

I doubt that Infinity and Connie will be sailing anytime soon.  At a minimum, they will need a basic drydock for hull inspection as they were both scheduled to revolutionized with a major overhaul and drydocking.  Even if they do the minimum required, it will cost money.  Until all the other ships in the fleet are operating again and X needs more capacity, I wouldn't expect to see sailings on either Infinity or Connie.  

They just released a whole group of itineraries for Infinity in the redeployment information the other day so it will definitely be sailing.

The OP has been keeping up.  The problem is that Celebrity has not been communicating.  As an example, All 9 or 10 night cruises on the Summit in May and June magically disappeared 2 weeks ago.  Celebrity is just saying that they are all sold out.  How can one keep up with no communication?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Two days ago I got an email from Celeb telling me that my Summit Jan  2022 was canceled. (Which I had lifted from Jan.2021).

They gave me Options to sail on other ships in 2021-22.  Yesterday, they followed up with another email with the same  information.
I applaud them for their notifications, but think at this point I am done with Celeb. Many happy memories on the Summit, my favorite ship of the many others I have sailed, but they have outpriced themselves for what I want.
Do not like their changes to Captains Club and the new all inclusive.

Will turn to European river cruises and avoid the bells and whistles that I no longer need.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

The OP has been keeping up.  The problem is that Celebrity has not been communicating.  As an example, All 9 or 10 night cruises on the Summit in May and June magically disappeared 2 weeks ago.  Celebrity is just saying that they are all sold out.  How can one keep up with no communication?

We were told the same thing about our 5/6/2021 Summit booking.  When I asked if it was because cdc might require only 7 day cruises they said they didn’t know anything about that. It would have been our first Celebrity cruise and we were booked in the Retreat.  I canceled the cruise. Sad. 

1 hour ago, BSinPNS said:

We are booked on Connie for the Oct 2021 TA from Rome to Tampa.

Just got a note from my TA that my  Summit cruises scheduled for Nov 21 has been cancelled. I have been given the opportunity to move it or get a refund of my deposits or use my deposits as a place holder for something else. I moved my deposits to a Equinox Nov cruise

12 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

It appears that the OP has not been keeping up on the news. The CDC is limiting the length of Cruises. I am pretty sure that Celebrity would not like to be going through all the hassle that it will take to cancel and rebook all the people who had longer Cruises scheduled unless it was required of them.

Unless I am wrong, I thought the CDC limits on cruise length is only for cruise ships arriving or departing from US ports and has no bearing for non US destinations.

13 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

They just released a whole group of itineraries for Infinity in the redeployment information the other day so it will definitely be sailing.

And when Infinity begins her sailings from South America in 2022, it will be the revolutionized version of her former self.

We are booked on the March 19th 10-day on the Constellation out of Tampa.  I am sure it will be cancelled but nothing...and final payment about 2 weeks out.  Wonder if they want us to make the payment before announcing cancellation...although it seems some later in the year are already cancelled.

I'm booked on a fall 2011 Summit sailing that others have reported as cancelled and have not yet been notified of our cancellation. My cruise continues to show in my cruise planner. I'd say Celebrity's communication system is flawed since some are receiving notice while others are not.

Op seems upset over nothing....we all know that cruises over 7 days aren't going for a while.  I'd take a 3 or 4 day cruise right now and be a happy camper.  I wouldn't drink any more or less booze on it than I would a 10 day cruise.  

• Like 1

Just now, NC State said:

I'm booked for 9-nights on the Equinox in the month of August. I just checked on line and you can still book it as 9-nights.  I guess they are holding out hoping this may be lifted before August.

Or they just haven't made the change yet. Celebrity may be having difficulty figuring out the new schedule for Equinox, rebooking ports, etc. Better to identify the new schedule than to cancel and leave the schedule blank. 

19 minutes ago, NC State said:

I'm booked for 9-nights on the Equinox in the month of August. I just checked on line and you can still book it as 9-nights.  I guess they are holding out hoping this may be lifted before August.

And as of a few days ago you could still book the 10-day March 2021 Constellation 

7 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I understand the OP is upset,  most of us have also had cruises canceled.  But I don’t understand his problem with pole dancing.  Perhaps this will be better suited to younger cruisers.

LOL.  Thank you we need a little more humor.  Cancellations and changes have happened to us for 2021.  We moved on to 2022 and hope for the best.  It's pointless to get upset about all the chaos in cruising, for now there is no end in sight.  Either roll with it or cancel everything and move on.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

Yeah communication has been an ongoing problem.  I remember reading that when the CDC limited the length of cruises, some cruise lines stopped new bookings on longer cruises but didn't cancel them yet.  This may explain why you were told that the cruise was sold out.

Edited by mnocket

21 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

LOL.  Thank you we need a little more humor.  Cancellations and changes have happened to us for 2021.  We moved on to 2022 and hope for the best.  It's pointless to get upset about all the chaos in cruising, for now there is no end in sight.  Either roll with it or cancel everything and move on.

Roll with it and move on.  Perhaps that should be the approach we take with everything.  We had a nice cruising year planned for 2021.  We had a B2B to the Southern Caribbean in February, a Iceland/Greenland TA with a week in London before the cruise in August and a Panama Canal cruise leaving on October 27.  Although nothing has been officially cancelled, I know the February Caribbean cruises and the TA won't happen, but I still hold out some hope for the Panama Canal cruise.  As soon as Celebrity opens up more cruises for 2022, we'll try to re-book and move on.

Thanks for the advice.