help choosing balcony on escape

eigig

Hi everyone

I am looking at either decks 10 or 11 to book a regular balcony. I cannot figure out where the lifeboats are and if they obstruct the view from the deck 10 balconies. I am looking at category bc (on deck 10) or bb (deck 11)

any help much appreciated. The price difference is not much so wondering what the advantage of deck 11 is?

1 hour ago, eigig said:

Hi everyone

I am looking at either decks 10 or 11 to book a regular balcony. I cannot figure out where the lifeboats are and if they obstruct the view from the deck 10 balconies. I am looking at category bc (on deck 10) or bb (deck 11)

any help much appreciated. The price difference is not much so wondering what the advantage of deck 11 is?

I would think if the cabin has an obstructed view, it would be indicated. Be careful what is above you! On an Alaska cruise we were one deck below the ping-pong table. Slight noise problem, but we found it amusing when we found ping-pong ball on out balcony daily! LOL! Be careful, avoid being under shuffle board areas, running tracks or areas where deck chairs are placed. The chairs are moved often, especially in the early morning by staff. Good luck!

• Like 1

We’ve stayed in the area that I believe is considered mid-ship, but is closer to aft, on deck 11, and didn’t notice the life boats. I want to say the room number was in the 118xx range. The life boats are down on deck 7, too far down to really impact the view from 11.  Do look for one that shows an angle on the balcony. They are a bit larger.  I believe there are some in BA, BC and & BB (The categories have changed a bit.) 

6 hours ago, eigig said:

Hi everyone

I am looking at either decks 10 or 11 to book a regular balcony. I cannot figure out where the lifeboats are and if they obstruct the view from the deck 10 balconies. I am looking at category bc (on deck 10) or bb (deck 11). any help much appreciated. The price difference is not much so wondering what the advantage of deck 11 is?

Lifeboats hang out over the water on Deck 7. If you look straight down, you will see the top of the Waterfront roof on Deck 8 and the lifeboats on Deck 7. If you're just sitting on your balcony, you won't notice them. Lifeboats and the Waterfront run from the front elevator lobby on back. 

If you go all he way to the front of the ship, you will look down on the "large balconies" on deck 9 and 10 below you. 

The advantage of Deck 11 is that it is high up on the ship. That's it. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

We were in cabin 11218 in January 2020 and loved the location.  Your cabin 11808 is in the same are we were but on the other side of the ship.  It was somewhat mid-ship so depending on which end of the ship we were headed we could shorten the walk by going to elevators in either direction. It was close to elevators, but not so close as to be annoyed by noise. There was no obstructed view. I think you will be happy.