Life & Shift, Would this be an option?

We are on Quantum Sept. 20, 2021.  I have been reading that Canada may not open their borders so Alaska would be cancelled for the year.  Could I L&S now to 2022 and would it be price protected.  I was reading on another post that that you could not pick your room and we would want to L&S from the Royal Loft to the Royal Loft, would be happy to stay with Quantum.  Any help will be appreciated.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

We are on Quantum Sept. 20, 2021.  I have been reading that Canada may not open their borders so Alaska would be cancelled for the year.  Could I L&S now to 2022 and would it be price protected.  I was reading on another post that that you could not pick your room and we would want to L&S from the Royal Loft to the Royal Loft, would be happy to stay with Quantum.  Any help will be appreciated.

At the current time you cannot shift anything beyond April 2022

if the Alaska season  does not happen this year I am guessing that the L&S option may be extended.  If sailings resume I do not expect the L&S to be extended. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

25 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Sure hope Canada opens up its borders by summer 2021.  

If Canada doesn't open the ports for 2021, then by 2022, there might not be ports in Alaska to go to other than Juneau. The cities just have no income besides the monies coming in from the ships, both in port fees and what the passengers spend.

I'm in the same boat as you (no pun intended). I was booked on Ovation for July 2020 but due to Covid it got canceled so I had them switch me to Quantum for July 2021. I don't think Alaska will happen for 2021 tbh. I'm guessing if it doesn't happen we can lift and shift again should we get canceled. I'm really in a bad spot though as I booked a studio balcony and with lift and shift you can only be lifted and shifted into the same room type (few studio balconies and I seriously doubt RC will give me a complimentary upgrade to a regular balcony with an unobstructed view as this is my first RC cruise). 

I really liked the Quantum itinerary as it included Victoria, sitka, and Icy Point. It looks like for 2022 that there are no itineraries for July that include all 3 of those ports (2 out of the 3 but not all 3).