What is the advantage of a Hump Cabin?

We like the center of the hump. You have a full, onobstructed view fore and aft. The location is very convenient; right next to the centrum, the stairs and the elevators. Just walk out of your cabin and you are in the middle of everything. There is a wall separating the cabins from the centrum so there is no noise. Makes your cabin so easy to find, you know as soon as you get to the centrum, just go up (or down) and you are right there. No trekking down long halls.

Well, for one thing, they are right at the elevator, so no long walks to your room.

Some of the hump rooms have bigger balconies because of the arc, but there are a few towards the end that are actually smaller, so be sure to study the deck plan to get the best balcony.

[quote name=megessey

Some of the hump rooms have bigger balconies because of the arc, but there are a few towards the end that are actually smaller, so be sure to study the deck plan to get the best balcony.[/quote]

Do you know which ones are bigger or which are smaller? We have #8626 it's sorta towards the end of the hump but looking at the deck plans it looks like it may be a little bigger because of the pie shape? Am i right?

Do you know which ones are bigger or which are smaller? We have #8626 it's sorta towards the end of the hump but looking at the deck plans it looks like it may be a little bigger because of the pie shape? Am i right?

We love the hump cabins. We have been in 9318 - Junior Suite twice on AOS and are booked on the other side (port) 9618 for Sept. 2006 - AOS. I really don't think there is a noticeable size difference in the JS balconies on the hump vs. any other JS balcony. The aft cabins, however, usually have much larger balconies due to the rearward slope of the ship.

The real advantage for us is the central location and great fore and aft views from the center-hump location. The JS has a walk-in closet that you can store all your luggage in. There is plenty of room the two of us (kids are grown and gone). It is probably too much cabin for most, but we save all year to afford the larger JS with the balcony, bathtub and walk-in closet. Plus, we get two cruise credits for a JS or higher towards our Crown and Anchor status.

From looking at your cabin on the Voyager deck plan, you are in an E1 balcony (8626) cabin near the rear of the hump on the port side. The E1's have a smaller balcony than the JS. The important thing to remember is - you have a balcony cabin - yeah! You may not be able to see the front of the ship from that location (no big deal), but it is still on the hump and centrally located to the elevators. You should be fine.

My father has been in 8314 and 8316 and the views were wonderful. You have a much better view of where the ship is going (or leaving depending on which side of the hump you are on). It makes you feel a little special when all of the other rooms are lined up in their rows and then you stick out just a little bit.

I was just in 7600 (right in the center of the bump). I don't think the balcony is any deeper compared to regular balconies but you do have a straight view down and you can clearly see the front and back of the ship. Loved the cabin and convenience to everything and would book again in a heartbeat!

Cheers,

Esther

The balconies are really no bigger. The main advantage as has been said is the location close to the elevators (no noise at all) and the fact that you can look out and see claerly to the front and back of the ship. Being on one side or the other you can't see the balconies on the other side of the hump.

We have been on the hump in a JS and on floor seven too. We just got back from the Mariner and were in 7318.

We choose the hump area because of the view- your cabin sticks out just a bit from the others. We do spend a lot of time on our balcony so for us, this is the main reason we booked a hump.

We also like it because we can use the stairs to almost anywhere on the sip. Dining rooms are just a couple flights down, as well as the "lobby". Since rough seas can bother me, middle of the ship is a good location.

We chose the hump for our Nov cruise on the NOS room 7618. Picked this room for the fact that it did jut out from the ship & that the center of the hump was avail. As this is our 1st balcony cabin I am sure we will be quite spoiled from the views!:p

I'm sorry I was thinking of the balconies on the Radiance class ships when I wrote that. Looking at the Voyager deck plan, it does look like 8626 has a small pie sliver of extra balcony. On the Radiance, that pie sliver IS the balcony.

Actually the Radiance classes have "hump" on both sides..... with some of the left side rooms with as large balconies as the aft balcs...

I guess what I meant to say is that the Freedom and Voyager classes have rooms on both side of the hump while the Radiance class has rooms only on the right side of the hump. The left side of the hump on the Radiance class is the elevators, there are no rooms that "stick out".

We have 8318 on MOS booked for 3/19/06 and I am dying to see how it will be. It will also be our first balcony. :D

We booked Jan 7th and I dont know how we ended up with such a good room, it is just about the middle of the hump. Someone must have canceled or something to have freed it up.

We have 8318 on MOS booked for 3/19/06 and I am dying to see how it will be. It will also be our first balcony. :D

We booked Jan 7th and I dont know how we ended up with such a good room, it is just about the middle of the hump. Someone must have canceled or something to have freed it up.

You are lucky, I booked a year in advance to get middle of the bump on deck 8 for our Serenade cruise. We wanted deck nine but that was already booked!

You will love your cabin, we had middle of the bump on deck 7 on Explorer of the Seas and loved it. That was our first cruise and it got us hooked on cruising.

Enjoy your cabin and your cruise.:D

I guess what I meant to say is that the Freedom and Voyager classes have rooms on both side of the hump while the Radiance class has rooms only on the right side of the hump. The left side of the hump on the Radiance class is the elevators, there are no rooms that "stick out".

Ok, I don't mean this to be like an arguement, but while there are no rooms at the tip of the hump, the Radiance has rooms on the elevator side that have balconies that stick out. On floors 7 8 & 9 there are 4 rooms each, and on 10 there's an Owners Suite.

The reason I mention these is because all of these have much larger balconies because they are on the curve of the hump, in fact some are as large as the aft balconies. And most importantly, the ones on 7 8 & 9, you get the larger balconies at E1 prices, while all aft balcony rooms are minimum D1.

8088 on the Radiance (E1) has a balcony as large as an aft and no walking down endless hallways and 2 flights up to the action so no constant waiting for elevators. 9092 or 9078 would have been a little nicer with one less flight to climb :D We have a hump on the Freedom, no large balcony but it's on the center of the hump. The view will be amazing looking up and down that ship. Most Voyager class hump have no real size advantage it's just convenience and possibly the view forward & aft.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I just recently changed our cabin for our May cruise to dead center Hump cabin 6620 on Explorer, strictly based on the opinions from this board. So I will be very anxious to see this cabin. Especially since I have upgraded as a B-day surprise for DH, from inside cabin to balcony hump. And I've heard once you go "hump" you never go back! :) LOL

Archived