Island Princess Promenade Balcony Cabins

cricketts

12 hours ago, hpeabody said:

Can anyone tell me about PR719?  I see it is available and may want to   grab it.

These seem to be the Royal/Regal cabins with the balcony being a patch of the former beautiful promenade walking deck, is that correct?  Are there vibration issues with these cabins on Promenade aft?

Edited by hpeabody

I was on the Island in May/June 2022, FLL to Southampton, 18 days TransAtlantic, via Iceland & northern Scotland.  I was in PR703, a Handicapped Accessible cabin w/adequate room for my scooter.  

It was the biggest cabin I've ever had & the balcony was very large & completely enclosed -- very cozy on damp, often dreary sea days.  It was great for coffee & a book; the chairs were up-right, not loungers (probably a concession to HA).  The HA bathroom was large & well-fitted w/several grab-bars.  The cabin walls were metal; I use magnets on them.

I was in the cabin more than usual that cruise & found it to be a very quiet area, except for the usual noise of morning cleaning carts & Room Service.  It was a very convenient area too -- close to all the Deck 7 restaurants, lounges, etc. 

I'd read all the complaints about the Island Princess.  Except for not having an IC, it "worked" for me just as all the other Princess ships have.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DRS/NC said:

I was on the Island in May/June 2022, FLL to Southampton, 18 days TransAtlantic, via Iceland & northern Scotland.  I was in PR703, a Handicapped Accessible cabin w/adequate room for my scooter.  

It was the biggest cabin I've ever had & the balcony was very large & completely enclosed -- very cozy on damp, often dreary sea days.  It was great for coffee & a book; the chairs were up-right, not loungers (probably a concession to HA).  The HA bathroom was large & well-fitted w/several grab-bars.  The cabin walls were metal; I use magnets on them.

I was in the cabin more than usual that cruise & found it to be a very quiet area, except for the usual noise of morning cleaning carts & Room Service.  It was a very convenient area too -- close to all the Deck 7 restaurants, lounges, etc. 

I'd read all the complaints about the Island Princess.  Except for not having an IC, it "worked" for me just as all the other Princess ships have.

Sounds like you had a great trip - thanks for sharing the info on the PR cabins!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/4/2022 at 1:40 AM, cricketts said:

Glad to see this thread is a little bit active again! 

We've decided on PR718 for our cruise next October.  From what I've continued to read, the first rooms in this stretch (PR701 and PR702) are right next to the door from the Promenade back inside.  Apparently there's quite a bit of noise from the doors opening and closing as people realize they can't walk around.  I've also found out that "white space" on the deck plan (between 718 and 722 as well as 719 and 723) is a linen storage closet.

@cricketts I came across with your posting on booking Island Princess PR718. Just wonder how did you like it? Interested to know the PR cabins

Edited by fannym123

21 hours ago, fannym123 said:

Thank you for your reply. Let me know how you like it after your cruise, mine is in 2014. Less than one month for you to cruise. Happy cruising!

I meant my cruise is in next year 2024 not 2014 , lol. Share your experience in PR cabin when you return. Thanks 😘

18 minutes ago, fannym123 said:

I meant my cruise is in next year 2024 not 2014 , lol. Share your experience in PR cabin when you return. Thanks 😘

I figured that was a typo!!

We'll be home on October 19th, so please post a reminder for me!

Or, if you're on FB, send me a message there (my FB link is in my signature). 

I don't use CC on my phone since they quit supporting TapaTalk. Consequently, I don't post pictures on CC. I'll be happy to send pictures via FB. We board on October 4th.

• 5 months later...
On 9/10/2023 at 11:01 AM, phabric said:

I would be interested to read about your cabin.  I have PR711 and PR717 booked for Nov 2023.

Good morning! I am looking at cabin PR711 and am interested in your thoughts and photos of you have them. Would you mind sharing?

rla0116@gmail.com 

1 hour ago, grammya said:

Good morning! I am looking at cabin PR711 and am interested in your thoughts and photos of you have them. Would you mind sharing?

rla0116@gmail.com 

I had PR711 on the Island.  It was a quiet area. A normal balcony cabin size inside.  This balcony cabin was suppose to be little bit bigger (247 sq ft) from the deck plan.  For another BE on a different deck  is 234 sq ft. The inside is the same as all the other balcony cabins, the balcony is a little bit bigger. There are only 3 plug outlets by the desk.  No pictures.

There was not a lot of foot traffic in the area. When you exit into the main hallway, turn left there are the back elevators.  We found not many people used them so were fast.  If you walk straight, you pass Bayou Cafe & Steakhouse a paid restaurant. This restaurant was used 2 times for the casual dining on sea days ( watch for times on evening Event Planning paper).  There is a bar there, it is only open when restaurant is open. In front of restaurant, there are round table and chairs. Further along there are small sofas.

If the crew asked for cabin number, remember to say PR711 as P is Plaza.  They would say like 711 the store.

I would choose this cabin again.

Edited by phabric
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, phabric said:

I had PR711 on the Island.  It was a quiet area. A normal balcony cabin size inside.  This balcony cabin was suppose to be little bit bigger (247 sq ft) from the deck plan.  For another BE on a different deck  is 234 sq ft. The inside is the same as all the other balcony cabins, the balcony is a little bit bigger. There are only 3 plug outlets by the desk.  No pictures.

There was not a lot of foot traffic in the area. When you exit into the main hallway, turn left there are the back elevators.  We found not many people used them so were fast.  If you walk straight, you pass Bayou Cafe & Steakhouse a paid restaurant. This restaurant was used 2 times for the casual dining on sea days ( watch for times on evening Event Planning paper).  There is a bar there, it is only open when restaurant is open. In front of restaurant, there are round table and chairs. Further along there are small sofas.

If the crew asked for cabin number, remember to say PR711 as P is Plaza.  They would say like 711 the store.

I would choose this cabin again.