Which rooms would be a better choice?

mrg013

We're planning a cruise this summer, probably the western caribbean itinerary on Mariner of the Seas. We will have 2 adults, and 2 kids (16 year old boy, and 16 year old girl). Would we be better off with a junior suite and a deluxe ocean view room next door, or one grand suite for all four of us? We just want to know which would be the most comfortable and spacious. The prices for either option are roughly the same.

We're planning a cruise this summer, probably the western caribbean itinerary on Mariner of the Seas. We will have 2 adults, and 2 kids (16 year old boy, and 16 year old girl). Would we be better off with a junior suite and a deluxe ocean view room next door, or one grand suite for all four of us? We just want to know which would be the most comfortable and spacious. The prices for either option are roughly the same.
The best way to do it would be to book your Jr suite and an inside across from you. I don't think your kids will get any use out of the balcony.

The best way to do it would be to book your Jr suite and an inside across from you. I don't think your kids will get any use out of the balcony.

That's what we are doing with our girls 13 & 10. Thought about getting a larger suite for all of us, but for the privacy and bathrooms, 2 cabins is better than 1, even if the the 1 is Royal or Family Suite

I would agree, book the kids in an inside across the hall.

But in any event I would book 2 separate rooms over the Grand Suite.

The suite is great for 2, with concierge etc, but for 4 - the kids would need to sleep on a pull out couch, and for 2 teens, opp gender, that sounds like a drag - and no privacy for you.

The JC and the inside across is perfect. The kids come over to use the balcony if they want and you have TWO BATHROOMS! We have a 20 yr. old and 17yr. old. We would of never survived any cruise without two bathrooms. We have three at home and it's barely enough!

We all know we aren't in the cabins to uch but when everyone is trying to get ready for dinner it's madness!Go with two rooms it will make for a much nicer vacation for everyone.:)

FYI

The suite would allow you yo get into the Concierge Lounge. Free drinks from 5:00-8:30 and free Espresso and Cappuccino 24 hours. Also tender tickets without having to wait in line. First choice of ice show tickets. Reservations for Chops and Portofinos if you are having a hard time getting the time and date you want.

We drink quite a bit on cruises. If you do too, the difference in your bar bill at the end might be worth sharing a room with your kids. Plus, you can keep a closer eye on them.

I have done it both ways with my kids....yes, I would prefer two cabins for the privacy (intimacy) reason, but if money is a factor, the suite is the way to go! More room, conceirge, usually larger balcony, and other perks. Really, when the kids are out for the night there's plenty of time for just you two (if you know what I mean). It's not that bad. And when they have their own cabin, God knows who they are bringing back to it and when, if you get my drift!!

That's a really good point. Your kids will eb much cheaper in the suite than in their own cabin.

4 adults in one room? That's not a vacation, that's punishment.:) 4 adults and 1 bath room? That's cruel and unusual punishment. Don't you want to be with your honey ;) ?

BTW, if you think your 16 year old daughter is going to let her brother bring some hottie into the room and hang the old sock on the door knob, you're mistaken. And no brother likes anyone his sister goes out with, let alone brings home.

Archived