CWC - Non Refundable Fare

LuCruise

Sorry, I know this has probably been discussed but I'm not clear on the answer.  We typically book refundable, but when we rebooked our cancelled March 2020 cruise it was such a mark up for refundable that we went for a non-refundable.  We then shifted that cruise to Dec 2021 (which stays as non-refundable).

I know it's a long ways off, but with so many factors (Canadian, slow vaccine rollout, one kid under 16), I'm thinking this cruise won't happen for us.

This is a one week cruise for our family of 4 so deposit was $1060 CAD (2 rooms).  How does it work with cruise with confidence?  If we cancel prior to final payment, do we lose $400 with 1060 - 400 going to FCC ?  Or does the full $1060 go to FCC? 

We won't do anything until around final payment so hopefully things change, but just wondering. We had one non-refundable before but the deposit was only $400 so the full amount went to FCC.

2 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

If we cancel prior to final payment, do we lose $400 with 1060 - 400 going to FCC ?  Or does the full $1060 go to FCC? 

The full $1060 goes to FCC as you are still covered under CWC for sailings departing prior to April 30, 2022

before CWC you would have lost the $400 ($100pp) and $660 would have been issued as FCC

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The stacking and sharing of FCC’s made my planning a whole lot easier.

It took all the intrigue and complication out of my spreadsheet!!! Now I just stack them all as soon as I can.

mac_tlc

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

I have a feeling now that between stacking, the FCCs due dates, and the fact that we are pretty conservative when booking stateroom (i.e. nothing fancy), that we will have a lot of FCC that we will end up losing.

Time to get gussied up and book a higher category or longer cruise. It would be a sin to leave any FCCs on the table. With that said, once cruising starts up those FCCs may not buy as much as they did in the past.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Time to get gussied up and book a higher category or longer cruise. It would be a sin to leave any FCCs on the table. With that said, once cruising starts up those FCCs may not buy as much as they did in the past.

I know... Can only do 7 night due to kids school break, and it would cost us more than $2k to upgrade one category level.  WIll see what will be as we get closer.

• Like 1