Royal Caribbean Souvenir Liquor Glasses

I have more than I know what to do with. Our first RCCL cruise was in 1997 and we have cruised 6 times since. Each time we bring home the after dinner drink glasses. We will cruise again in March and I plan to bring home those loving cups or shot glasses...whatever they may be!

They didn't have them in October on Brilliance Med cruise. I was disappointed since I usually like the after-dinner drink. You could get the drinks like Italian Stallion, French Kiss, etc in the bars but not with the special shot glasses. That cruise was 12-nights. Maybe the glasses are only for the week or less cruises?

On the Radiance they only brought them around on the first night of the cruise. After that I didn't see them in the dining room.

When he came around with the after-dinner drinks the first night, did you buy any? The bar waiter on Radiance was at our table several times each night, before dinner (then delivering our order and asking if there were more), and after.

We always bought something though, so he knew it was worth it coming to our table religiously. :)

Tracy

If you want the glasses ask. A lot of people feel the nightly "push" to get a shooter is disruptive to the dining experience and so the waiters have learned to not push so hard at some tables.

But if you want them, let your bar server know and they will be happy to sell you as many as you want! We like the old "Save the Waves" shooter style glasses, not the loving cup styles and have been successful so far in getting the nightly shot in the old glasses! I'm sure eventually they will run out and may not be available on the new ships, but it never hurts to ask.

Also, some bars may have different styles that the dining room is out of. Always ask at the Schooner bar. So far they seem to have the best selection of different style of shooter and other souvenier glasses.

I get confused when people talk about "loving cups". Are they using the term accurately...does RCI call them this? To me, a loving cup is a big huge cup with two handles (kind of like a trophy) that gets filled with drink and people pass it around to share.

The little apertif glasses that I have from RCI are small, hourglass shaped with a stem, metal and all different colors. Are there other kinds that I just haven't seen?

I have this vision in my head of I giant loving cup full of Sambuka being passed around the table. ROFL

Tracy

Zotzer - the "loving cup" is what is imprinted on the shooter. A loving cup can be interpreted in many ways. I've heard the term used in which a glass (not specific the type) is given to a couple when they get married. It's used to say "I'm sorry" when words just can't do. There is a poem that is given to the bride and group and the glass is called "the loving cup".

I didn't buy a drink the first night because I have a couple sets of them already. However, I didn't see them go around with the tray at any of the tables in the area. We were center on the Radiance next to the Captain's table.

Archived