News Here Just Reported Stranded Returning Cruisers....

1corona4u

Apparently, there are many returning cruisers in both Ft. Lauderdale, and Miami, who are stuck here. They are also having a hard time finding rooms.....I missed a part of it, but they said '???'(didn't hear who) is helping them find rooms....what a bummer....

Yes, it must be miserable spending the night in the airport.

I am also thinking about all the people that r missing their cruise as their flights were cancelled!

I'm sure it is difficult, but being stuck in Florida is certainly better than getting back to what we have experienced today in MA. We have friends who got back from a week in Jamaica yesterday. If their return had been today, they would have been "stuck" in Jamaica another day. Oh the horrors! Imagine being stuck somewhere that the temps are in the 80s and missing out on the snow and severe cold :D

Let's hope that with all the advance notice about this storm, most people scheduled to leave today on their cruises, were able to catch a flight out yesterday.:)

I'm sure it is difficult, but being stuck in Florida is certainly better than getting back to what we have experienced today in MA. We have friends who got back from a week in Jamaica yesterday. If their return had been today, they would have been "stuck" in Jamaica another day. Oh the horrors! Imagine being stuck somewhere that the temps are in the 80s and missing out on the snow and severe cold :D

Let's hope that with all the advance notice about this storm, most people scheduled to leave today on their cruises, were able to catch a flight out yesterday.:)

Well, it's been in the low 50's all day here, with clouds, and going to be 32°-33° tonight....so only slightly better:)

We just got of the VOS in Miami and had a 6:45 flight out of Fort Lauderdale to Washington, DC. When we got the airport at 3:00 we were told that all flights were canceled to DC, NY, NJ, PA. We were shocked and everyone waiting in line were highly upset. They re-booked us on a flight to DC on Sunday (today...which I know will be canceled). The reservation supervisor had an attitude and would not give us any guidance (We have never had this situation before). We tried to find a hotel, but they were all booked. At first we decided to rent a car and drive to DC (we have done this before) but we met a nice reservation agent from JETBLUE who happened to be on our shuttle bus. He told us that their flight to Dulles, VA was still on at 5:40. We followed him to the JETBLUE counter, purchased tickets and we were off to the gate. The flight was late departing, but we got to Dulles safely last night. WE LOVE JETBLUE!!!!!!! We will never fly SPIRIT again!!!!!!

Lots of lessons learned!!

Judy

Are laundromats in New Jersey especially interesting when you're 18?

Have you forgotten what it's like to be 18? Everything can be an adventure, even a laundromat in Jersey.

I have many adventures from that time in my life that make me giggle to this day.

None of which I will relate here.;)

I'll bet whatever happened in that laundromat was a doozy.:D

sable

Well there's that old saying that what happens in a laundrymat, stays in the laundrymat. Something like that!:rolleyes:

Spirit has a poor reputation for customer service, especially when the going gets tough. I wouldn't fly them unless I was desperate. (Disclaimer: this is my opinion.)

BobK/Orlando

No, I do remember what it was like to be 18. It was HELL! But dorm coed laundries were a treat; I fell in love with a girl who had days of the week panties. Other than that, my best adventures were hitchhiking, so you know that was a long time ago.

We got stuck in Miami 2 years ago for our flight back to NY due to a snowstorm. The ticket agent (American Airlines) gave us the number of a hotel to call because they had reserved a bunch of rooms for their passengers. We stayed in a very nice hotel for 2 days, all expenses paid because of insurance.

Archived