If You’re looking for options ……

Exactly, lovely to see how the incredibly rich cruise 😆

Hope this cruise gets the ok as the ship is 228 passengers, so falls into the regular cruise ship approvals - ie. after June ‘21  (under 100 passengers can cruise now - I think 🤔)

58 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

sound great..... i will just check my wallet...... oohhhh I thought I had some loose change,,, but not 30k

will $30 do...lol       It is nice to dream....      

30k, keep you in quality g and t for rest of your life don. And in the after life. My new drink is jamisons, dry and lime, bottles are ok, but i mix my own, stronger. Lubbly jubbly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

30k, keep you in quality g and t for rest of your life don. And in the after life. My new drink is jamisons, dry and lime, bottles are ok, but i mix my own, stronger. Lubbly jubbly.

Agree there Les.... but just couldn't justify 30k for 11 days   3k a day is a bit rich... about 2 and a bit per night is as much as one has ever spent...    and had our own chef cook for us one night.....

and the drinks were hard... having to choose between gin martini and a single malt for pre dinner..

and XO Cognac to finish the evening.... somebody got to do it.....lol

Cheers  Don

• Like 1

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

Agree there Les.... but just couldn't justify 30k for 11 days   3k a day is a bit rich... about 2 and a bit per night is as much as one has ever spent...    and had our own chef cook for us one night.....

and the drinks were hard... having to choose between gin martini and a single malt for pre dinner..

and XO Cognac to finish the evening.... somebody got to do it.....lol

Cheers  Don

30k for 11 days out of my league too Don. I do not know how people could afford that. Likewise I do not know how pax can afford to go on World cruises, year after year @ 100k plus a couple with fare and shorex.

Edited by NSWP

18 hours ago, NSWP said:

30k for 11 days out of my league too Don. I do not know how people could afford that. Likewise I do not know how pax can afford to go on World cruises, year after year @ 100k plus a couple with fare and shorex.

The idea of World Cruise... beside cost... it is such a long time... longest one has been away is 6 weeks.....

Must be a bit boring or a stick n the mud....   lol

one cruise line, spirit of tassie and sealink to KI. and have seen Australia and NZ.

But most importantly we are happy with our lot..   and enjoy ourselves away...

Like a cray dinner at Stanley   with Jacob's Creek Riesling....lol

644283827_craydinner.thumb.jpg.0105595250b402a125a250b7aba6b9e5.jpg

Hopefully will do this again soon......    Don

• Like 1

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

The idea of World Cruise... beside cost... it is such a long time... longest one has been away is 6 weeks.....

Must be a bit boring or a stick n the mud....   lol

one cruise line, spirit of tassie and sealink to KI. and have seen Australia and NZ.

But most importantly we are happy with our lot..   and enjoy ourselves away...

Like a cray dinner at Stanley   with Jacob's Creek Riesling....lol

644283827_craydinner.thumb.jpg.0105595250b402a125a250b7aba6b9e5.jpg

Hopefully will do this again soon......    Don

You love that Jacobs Creek Riesling, Don. I used to drink plenty of that some years ago. Goes well with Chinese food as well as seafood. I will have to get back on it. I have been drinking Hardys Stamp Sauv Blanc in the 1 litre bottle, in recent times. the 2019 is a beauty of a vintage for $7.50 a bottle.  I get it from Dan Murphys...the more you drink the more you save. lol.

Re long trips, we have had a few 3 month overseas trips, but not all involved cruising for that long, maybe a month cruising and a couple of months land travel. 107 days on a ship is too much for me. Longest we did in one hit was 50 days, Sydney to Southampton. But done a few 30 dayers.

Edited by NSWP

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You love that Jacobs Creek Riesling, Don. I used to drink plenty of that some years ago. 

Longest we did in one hit was 50 days, Sydney to Southampton. But done a few 30 dayers.

Ye old Jacob's Creek photo was taken about 14 years ago... time flies by even without a plane...

Longest cruise so far was 26 night... which was long enough for me...

Waiting for the day, they put a nail in the wall, to say cruising in Oz is starting..

Regardless of cost..  the most relaxing holiday yet.. particularly when leaving from Melbourne and a 25 minute car ride away...

I am one who loves having a holiday to look forward to... but it looks like a while before concrete planing is going to happen.....

• Haha 1

We loved the 35 night Hawaii/Tahiti cruise and could have happily stayed on the ship for another 35 nights.

But the worldie is just too expensive for us. We could do it, just, but it would be our ladt cruise (unless we win lotto).

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We loved the 35 night Hawaii/Tahiti cruise and could have happily stayed on the ship for another 35 nights.

But the worldie is just too expensive for us. We could do it, just, but it would be our ladt cruise (unless we win lotto).

Same, tempted and if there was a good price drop I could afford a sector.

Full worldie is to long and too expensive for me.