June Alaska Cruise on Princess cancelled

IDKaren

I knew it was coming but it is official. Just got an email from Princess that Alaska cruises are cancelled thru June. Sad for me but sadder for all the vendors and tour operators! They have got to be hurting!  I cancelled instead of rebooking..tired of dealing with the uncertainty of cruises and airfare and hotels to rebook and cancel. Maybe 2023! Hang in there Alaska!

On 3/20/2021 at 5:00 PM, IDKaren said:

I cancelled instead of rebooking..tired of dealing with the uncertainty of cruises and airfare and hotels to rebook and cancel. Maybe 2023! Hang in there Alaska!

No plan to travel anywhere any time soon for me.  Too much uncertainty.  I share your thought about the good people of Alaska!  

I find it a bit ironic at this date that Alaska is doing so well in getting the vaccines into the arms of their citizens.  Yet, it appears that their tourist season remains in great jeopardy while the "party-hardy" folks are celebrating Spring Break in South Florida.  Will this be a "super spreader" event that will impact the rest of us?  May God of all Mercy:  Let It Not Be So!

21 hours ago, bottom-dragger said:

a group of non-residents came to town two weeks ago, played loose and free with self quarantine, self distancing. The next week we had the 4th highest percentage of outbreaks in the US

I read in my newspaper this morning that most of those arrested in Miami Beach are non-residents and are not college students.  The lack of common sense among some adults whose brains are supposedly fully formed by the time one is 25 years old astounds me at times.  

• Like 2