Asked for a quote from RSSC - received two replies from different people, now confused

2 minutes ago, CabinBoy2020 said:

Hi Pcardad - I enjoy reading your informative posts.  To answer your question, I didn't request a TA.  I have a TA.  I hit the "Request Pricing" button and filled out the form.  I prefer to do the research myself (including cruise line prices) and then contact my agent.  Crystal and Seabourn make it easy to determine pricing for solo travelers.  I wish Regent did the same.

I've enquired into how this is possible given their policy...I will have a reply by Monday if not today. 

34 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I've enquired into how this is possible given their policy...I will have a reply by Monday if not today. 

What policy?  Only policy you described in this thread was moving a booking without the approval of the customer. This situation is quite different and I already posted that in the past other posters had posted that they too had been contacted by TAs after contacting Regent on the RSSC website. 

some even mentioned that this had occurred without asking  anything and simply making dummy bookings and not following thru with completing the bookings. 

Transferring a Regent direct inquiry to an outside TA without client knowledge is all we are discussing. Making an inquiry on the website should trigger a reply from Regent only - not an outside company. I will find out.

In the USA, if you fill out the form on the website, your inquiry is directed to a Regent Outside Sales Team who will contact you about the form you completed. They will NOT direct your inquiry to a 3rd party company. Confirmed.

26 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

In the USA, if you fill out the form on the website, your inquiry is directed to a Regent Outside Sales Team who will contact you about the form you completed. They will NOT direct your inquiry to a 3rd party company. Confirmed.

What is a “Regent Outside Sales Team”?  And if what they told you is true why are others reporting the have been contacted  by third parties?

30 minutes ago, rallydave said:

What is a “Regent Outside Sales Team”?  And if what they told you is true why are others reporting the have been contacted  by third parties?

I explained what the Outside Sales Team does.

The one report I saw said they got an email from OceaniaRegent which is NCL - Ie. probably the Outside Sales Team.

I can promise you, my contact is 100% accurate when it comes to Regent...they have more knowledge than this entire forum.

50 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Could you please share these reports by others? 

18 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I explained what the Outside Sales Team does.

The one report I saw said they got an email from OceaniaRegent which is NCL - Ie. probably the Outside Sales Team.

I can promise you, my contact is 100% accurate when it comes to Regent...they have more knowledge than this entire forum.

Truly amazing how you consistently  bring totally unrelated items into conversations to support your points while ignoring posts that differ from your position. 

1 minute ago, rallydave said:

Truly amazing how you consistently  bring totally unrelated items into conversations to support your points while ignoring posts that differ from your position. 

Have a nice weekend Dave.

6 minutes ago, Pudgesmom said:

Could you please share these reports by others? 

Believe it was CabinBoy who posted yesterday in response to flossy that he was contacted by a third party after a request on the rssc website. 

I also stated yesterday other reports were over a year ago before COVID and not going to look fir those but sure they exist.  Unfortunately others have ignored the clear post yesterday and the fact that the OPs oceaniaregent response was proved by several posts to be from Regent but the one for CabinBoy was a third party response so far not disproved.