Looking for raingear for shore excursions

islandwoman

Our challenge is that our clothing, or outerwear as the case may be, has to be very flexible and it has to do the job.  We travel for weeks with only carry.  There is no room for anything that that does not do the job, is bulky, or cannot take the abuse of being scrunched up, folded tightly, or otherwise abused.

Just now, iancal said:

Our challenge is that our clothing, or outerwear as the case may be, has to be very flexible and it has to do the job.  We travel for weeks with only carry.  There is no room for anything that that does not do the job, is bulky, or cannot take the abuse of being scrunched up, folded tightly, or otherwise abused.

I think you should start a thread dedicated to packing light for cruise+.  I enjoy reading your posts about this.  I have always done basically big month long self-drives or very long cruises and they both allow me to pack whatever I want.  Now that I am retiring I am going to be more sail and rail vacations to Europe  your tips are going into a notebook.  

• Like 1

Husband and I take our golf rain gear from FootJoy. A little pricey but serves two purposes for us. Also, drys quickly and packs small. My jacket works with a day pack under it. I also wear a visor or ball cap under the hood to keep it from flopping in my face. 

20 hours ago, Caremom said:

I also wear a visor or ball cap under the hood to keep it from flopping in my face. 

I have learned that a ball cap does help from that issue as well as helping to keep my glasses relatively clear.