Ship tour of National Geographic Endurance

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Thank you.  The ship carries 126 passengers.  

When I dream of ships such as this, I remember my grandmother's response about living above my means!

"You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" was a favourite expression of hers. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Dad use to say... the only thing worse than dying is running out of money first..

So true..... cut your cloth accordingly ....   Don

"Cut your coat according to your cloth" was another one.  

There is a theme here of having no spare money.  I remember asking whether I could attend ballet classes.  The response was "ballet is for rich men's daughters".  No further discussion needed!  

I think the thing it with this.... it be happy with your lot    ( or what you have )     I think it is called contentment......

example   we live in an apartment, nothing flash, it has been all our's for the last 15 years, it has most things needed to be comfortable ( including a Dishwasher and a big TV) drive a 2008 car...

Point is by doing this we have had some great holidays... Could have upgraded our abode, but holidays are more fun....  

Still hoping for another cruise ......one day

Don

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

I think the thing it with this.... it be happy with your lot    ( or what you have )     I think it is called contentment......

example   we live in an apartment, nothing flash, it has been all our's for the last 15 years, it has most things needed to be comfortable ( including a Dishwasher and a big TV) drive a 2008 car...

Point is by doing this we have had some great holidays... Could have upgraded our abode, but holidays are more fun....  

Still hoping for another cruise ......one day

Don

I know what you mean, Don.  Not having much, I get great joy from small things.  The one thing which wasn't tolerated in my family was lack of gratitude!  You know "all those poor children in China who would love to have food not eaten on one's plate".  

My children went to a state school in a wealthy suburb.  Parents there were always surprised that we regularly took our children travelling overseas.  Travel and theatre were our luxuries and still are!  Drive 1999 cars both bought second hand.  

• Like 1