NCL pre-cruise hotel package

DZcreature

Does anyone know if NCL has arranged a pre-cruise hotel and transfer package for Dominican Republic? I know it can be expensive, but the convenience sure is nice. I am thinking about booking Gem for August, but have never been to D.R. and would like the option to book a hotel with NCL.

We've been to DR, both for resort stay cruise stop (and scuba diving, horseback riding, etc).

DR is relatively inexpensive (maybe only Cuba is cheaper) in the Caribbean.   So if you want to arrange your own hotel and transfer, it shouldn't be difficult, and definitely not expensive.  Cruiseline arranged hotel will at least double, and transfer probably 4+ times in price.

Thank you for the response. Sounds good. I will do some research. My main concern was getting from hotels to the ship.

I am responding as Cruising Lynne. DZcreature was a previous user name. I used it due to an issue with my password, which has been resolved. LOL, I need to write these things down!

The other thing with cruiseline transfers, is it can be a bus, waiting to load many people, and may go to multiple hotels to pick up (and wait to load people) before getting to airport.  They'd usually want to pick up early to get to airport with lots of time (meaning you'll wait longer at airport)

If the transfer is at the end of a cruise to airport, it can be a bus only at set times to wait and load many people, and can stop at several terminals before your terminal (some airports have many terminals). 

I'd rather take taxi/uber which would be faster and much cheaper.

Edited by Middleager
  • Like 1