PCR Test & insurance

love to cruz

We are coming to a day prior to boarding the Millenium in June. Then due to lack of flights home, we are staying in St. Maarten one day after getting off the ship.

I understand the testing & insurance prior to arrival. Getting off the ship is my confusion. Do we need a new PCR test & new insurance before disembarking?

• 3 weeks later...

Correct; it was travel WITHIN the US I was thinking of, not internationally. Since I always like a link to show the facts when I challenge someone, I'll provide it myself. 😉

:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Ftravelers%2Ftravel-in-the-us.html

CDC will update these recommendations as more people are vaccinated, as rates of COVID-19 change, and as additional scientific evidence becomes available. [Info is changing by the day...]

This guidance applies to travel within the United States and U.S. territories.[...]

People who are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine or a vaccine authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization can travel safely within the United States:

• Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to get tested before or after travel unless their destination requires it
  • You do NOT need to get tested or self-quarantine if you are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 3 months. You should still follow all other travel recommendations.
Edited by sofietucker

On 4/14/2021 at 8:28 AM, love to cruz said:

We are coming to a day prior to boarding the Millenium in June. Then due to lack of flights home, we are staying in St. Maarten one day after getting off the ship.

I understand the testing & insurance prior to arrival. Getting off the ship is my confusion. Do we need a new PCR test & new insurance before disembarking?

No. But yes, their own websites are very confusing. Stmaarten.org website says that cruise ships are not permitted to dock except for refueling; a government site has not updated its info since Dec. 7, etc. I've combed several sites and found nothing. However, following logic: they allow entry if you can prove a negative antigen test within 48 of entry (or a PCR-rt within 120 hrs). Since Celebrity is testing everyone at disembarkation with an antigen test (so we can fly), you will also have that free test in hand to re-enter St Maarten for your vacation. And it will be within their required time frame.

But will you have to pay the $30 for insurance again? There is talk--not going to look for it on the St. M. websites, but you might--that pax who go directly from airport to ship won't have to pay it. But what does that mean in your case? 

On 4/14/2021 at 8:28 AM, love to cruz said:

That’s a really good question. I don’t know if the tests X is giving for return travel back into the US would be acceptable for St. Maarten. St. Maarten requires the rt-PCR test and I’m not sure that’s what Celebrity’s are. 
Insurance you will need because you’re staying overnight and I would assume you also need an acceptable COVID. Maybe it’s best to call X or contact the dept which requires the testing for SXM entry.  

I found this through St. Maarten’s travel requirement website. They linked directly to this page. Maybe it’s somewhat helpful? It sounds like if Celebrity’s onboard testing doesn’t meet the rt-PCR standards, you can test upon arrival into St. Maarten. 

http://www.yachtingstmaarten.com/latest-covid-19-protocols-2020-2021-yachting-season

“If testing was not possible prior to departure from last port, Vessel can enter St. Maarten under quarantine, with testing to be done within 24 hours of arrival.  The appointed yacht agent  can coordinate testing upon request.  Vessel must remain under quarantine until negative results received.”