CDC Lifts COVID-19 Testing Requirement for Vaccinated Cruise Passengers

6 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I agree as well, even though I was initially against it. The CDC is loosening, but not open. I truly thought they were going to lose in FL. Since that didn't happen, they are making things a little more open for cruising to begin. If they make it very time consuming or difficult for non-vaccinated passengers, they could be vaccinated cruises only. Imagine them telling non-vaccinated passengers their boarding time is only after say 2PM and testing is at 1PM. Regardless of Triple Diamond, I Am Better Than All status, they board at the end and after a negative test. If it is positive, there is no time left for a second. This way all arguments are away from the cruise line and all other passengers that are sailing. I kind of compare this to Pier Runners...they can be called Covid Casualties.

Covid Casualties.  LOL.  They could get a ship boarding time after everyone in their cabin has tested negative at the offsite testing facility, with a cutoff time at some point early afternoon.

On 5/19/2021 at 1:04 PM, Joe817 said:

More encouraging news! And makes for a good argument TO get vaccinated.  Just my humble opinion.

Yep you really convinced me but then again Kamala Harris and my liberal wife convinced me not too.People seem to forget things when it doesn't meet their agenda..but who knows I may have one of those epiphanies.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 10:01 AM, TNcruising02 said:

That's fair that vaccinated people don't need to be tested and unvaccinated people do before boarding.  Completely reasonable.

I think it's reasonable. I would do the test if they asked me to though. 

• Like 1