Difference between sofa and sofa bed on Horizon

momin05

I have a cruise where we booked my daughter in a cabin with a friend because the friend is sailing solo. She will be sleeping in our room. Our balcony room is only for 2 people and has a sofa. Do the back cushions come off the sofa just like on the sofa bed so she can sleep there?  

TIA

Go to the deck plans, there should be a legend for all the differences in each of the staterooms. There will be symbols for 3 and 4 person capacity rooms and there might even be a symbol for sofa beds.

2 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

On the eleven Carnival cruises we've been on, the back cushions have always been able to be removed. 

I've had some sofas that were shorter than a regular single bed. They werent meant to be a regular sized bed. 

3 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

On the eleven Carnival cruises we've been on, the back cushions have always been able to be removed. 

Thank you. I have been on 9 cruises but exclusively on Fantasy class and Sunshine so I don’t have much experience with the sofa beds.

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've had some sofas that were shorter than a regular single bed. They werent meant to be a regular sized bed. 

I wondered about this too. I have looked at all the videos and pictures I could find online of Horizon balcony rooms, rooms meant for 2 as well as those for 3 or 4. The couches appear to all look the same. (And the rooms are all the same size, so I rationalized that the sofas should all be the same size, too?). They have the same striped bolsters on the back that appear removable and they seem to all be the same length. Fingers crossed that this will work because, unlike Fantasy class OV rooms, I don’t think there is room in this balcony room to put a third mattress from our friend’s cabin (we usually put our three beds in a U shape in our Fantasy class OV rooms).  

Thank you for your response. My daughter is 5’3”, so it doesn’t have to be terribly long.  But the back cushions definitely have to come off to have room to sleep on it!