north america cruise updates questions

greyhound1950

Hi does anyone,have any information Regarding Booking ref *********  on the  Arcadi 24 nights the  15 september 2021.

At present the canadian government have a Ban on cruise ships,till febuary 2022.

Despite emails to P&0 there have been no notifications.

yours respectfully    G watkin

My wife and I are booked on the Aurora USA/Canada cruise which departs earlier in September. I emailed P&O last week requesting an update - I'm still waiting for a reply.

Unless there is a major U-turn by the Canadian authorities before September (rather unlikely I think), these two cruises cannot possibly go ahead - yet P&O will probably still be asking for final balance payment. If P&O don't cancel before the payment due date, I'll leave it until the last possible moment then cancel our booking. Fortunately we only paid £50pp deposit, which is a sum I'm prepared to write off. Then it will be bye-bye P&O - we have already decided that we won't be cruising with P&O any more.

52 minutes ago, LondonLad60 said:

My wife and I are booked on the Aurora USA/Canada cruise which departs earlier in September. I emailed P&O last week requesting an update - I'm still waiting for a reply.

Unless there is a major U-turn by the Canadian authorities before September (rather unlikely I think), these two cruises cannot possibly go ahead - yet P&O will probably still be asking for final balance payment. If P&O don't cancel before the payment due date, I'll leave it until the last possible moment then cancel our booking. Fortunately we only paid £50pp deposit, which is a sum I'm prepared to write off. Then it will be bye-bye P&O - we have already decided that we won't be cruising with P&O any more.

I would be surprised if they ask for the balance. I think they will cancel before then. Of course, there may be some unscrupulous TA's that request balance weeks ahead of the P&O date who request balance payments...

6 hours ago, greyhound1950 said:

Hi does anyone,have any information Regarding Booking ref *********  on the  Arcadi 24 nights the  15 september 2021.

At present the canadian government have a Ban on cruise ships,till febuary 2022.

Despite emails to P&0 there have been no notifications.

yours respectfully    G watkin

It is not a good idea to put personal info here on Cruuse Critic as we have no way of controlling who sees it. I have removed the  booking number for that reason.  Host Carolyn