NCL Sky - The Local Menu

BOAZ5

When the Sky came out of refurbishment, was The Local menu in line with The Local on bigger ships?  The last time we sailed the Sky, it was still The Long Board and the menu was pretty limited. 

Long story short, we are trying to salvage a cruise this year with our children.

We were originally booked on the Breakaway for June 2020 and most recently lost the Gem from Dominican Republic.  Our children have never sailed NCL and were really looking forward to O'Sheehan's ( Now The Local.) 

We are not able to sail as a group again until October.  The Sky is the only ship that has a chance of getting us a Caribbean cruise with our children this year and it is looking more and more like a long shot.  My husband and I love the Sky and although it is a smaller ship, we believe our adult children with be fine with it too.  They were really looking forward to the O'Sheehan's (The Local) experience that you get on a bigger ship.  I know it is much smaller on the Sky, but wondering if they updated the menu.  I know they will find plenty to eat, but I am sailing with some adult sports junkies and I can only imagine they will spend a lot of time in The Local. 

THANKS!!

Here is a picture of the menu in the Local that I took when I was on the Sky over Super bowl weekend 2020 (so not long before shut down). One thing that I do remember is the local is that it was no open 24/7. They only started serving food around dinner time, I feel like the closed sometime in the early morning-but I cannot remember for sure. I do remember walking past and their being sports on the TV and bartenders even when they weren’t serving food.

699D45D3-04E5-4FB0-8CA4-687FED74CA13.jpeg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Having sailed on the Encore in late 2021, and dined at the Local sevrval times, that menu is DEFINITELY scaled back vs  the one on the Encore.  No nachos, no pretzel bites, fewer entree options, no daily special. 

We really enjoyed eating there for breakfast and lunch as an alternative to the mayhem and noise of the Garden cafe, or the drawn out affair of MDR.

Shorter hours and smaller menu - Very disappointing overall 😞

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72