Internet packages on MSC

marielco

Sorry if this has been asked before but I am new to MSC.  I am booked for Seashore, September 2021 but cannot find any mention on MSC website of internet packages. This is after logging into my booking and seeing excursions offered etc..  Does anyone know what the basic package costs and what it covers?

Internet package pricing varies from ship to ship so the only place MSC currently posts the pricing is on your bookings page.  I can't say why you cannot see the packages in your booking details.  In the link below I posted the prices for a Seashore seven day sailing in the US, I expect it will be close to the prices on your Med sailing.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2781213-msc-internet-can-you-swap-devices/?tab=comments#comment-61135935

Thanks to both posters.  I don’t know why the packages are detailed on the USA site but not shown at all on the European site I can access here in Ireland.  It is interesting to see the details on the USA site but the prices etc may be different in Europe.  Many thanks anyway fir the help. I will probably have to ring them. 

Hi

We have a med cruise from Genoa also in September but on the MSC Virtuosa.  All the internet prices are there under plan my cruise tab so   wonder if its because the Seashore has not sailed yet so they have not fixed any prices 

If its a guide you are looking for these are the prices for our 8 night med sailing

B10213M.jpg
See details
Browse - 1 Device Cruise Package
  • Book now and save 20% vs onboard price!
    The "Browse - 1 device Internet Cruise Package" keeps you connected with friends and family all cruise long.
    With this package you can browse the web, send and receive emails and images and chat on messenger apps (e.g. WhatsApp)
  • Internet access for 1 device
  • Duration: entire cruise
  • Data limit: unlimited
  • Price:£ 57.52 Per person
  • Add to my cruise
B20213M.jpg
See details
Browse - 2 Devices Cruise Package
  • Book now and save 20% vs onboard price!
    The "Browse & Stream - 2 devices Cruise Package" keeps you connected with friends and family all cruise long.
    With this package you can browse the web, send and receive emails and images, chat on messenger apps (e.g. WhatsApp), video chat, stream music and videos and post and live stream on social media.
  • Internet access for 2 devices
  • Duration: entire cruise
  • Data limit : unlimited
  • Price:£ 92.08 Per person
  • Add to my cruise
B30213M.jpg
See details
Browse - 3 Devices Cruise Package
  • Price:£ 120.80 Per person
  • Add to my cruise
B40213M.jpg
See details
Browse - 4 Devices Cruise Package

Hi Denise, your next cruise departs in 100 days
  • Like 1

As you are a a European citizen your network provider (if it is also from the EU) will not charge you extra for roaming within the EU and some other countries (like the UK, Switzerland, and some others). When in port and the first km's from shore you won't need a wifi-packages when using your phone (directly or connecting your phone with your laptop/tabled via a hot spot). This might be a cheaper option, if of course you can go without internet access when on the high seas.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 4:13 AM, sealynx said:

As you are a a European citizen your network provider (if it is also from the EU) will not charge you extra for roaming within the EU and some other countries (like the UK, Switzerland, and some others).

I’m not sure how useful this is but I’ll throw it out there anyway as relates to “roaming”.   Some carriers (mine is Verizon) offer a service called “global calling”.   It over rides the whole roaming process, and instead you pay a flat rate to have the luxury of calling from and to just about anywhere by paying a premium in your monthly bill.   The last time I used this service I think it was an extra $5.  The downside is that it goes toward the entire month, you can’t prorate it for only the weeks you needed it.  And you have to remember to have the service discontinued when you get home, so a calendar reminder is useful.   I can tell you that as much texting, talking and browsing I did using my own cell service when it was available would have cost me a fortune.   I guess suffice to say it’s worth a chat with your carrier company to see if options other than just the default roaming are available to you.

3 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

I’m not sure how useful this is but I’ll throw it out there anyway as relates to “roaming”.   Some carriers (mine is Verizon) offer a service called “global calling”.   It over rides the whole roaming process, and instead you pay a flat rate to have the luxury of calling from and to just about anywhere by paying a premium in your monthly bill.   The last time I used this service I think it was an extra $5.  The downside is that it goes toward the entire month, you can’t prorate it for only the weeks you needed it.  And you have to remember to have the service discontinued when you get home, so a calendar reminder is useful.   I can tell you that as much texting, talking and browsing I did using my own cell service when it was available would have cost me a fortune.   I guess suffice to say it’s worth a chat with your carrier company to see if options other than just the default roaming are available to you.

I might see what AT&T offers like this. I was considering trying to buy an International or Caribbean SIM card to use when we're off the ship. I don't usually mind stopping in a Hard Rock Cafe, McDonalds or Starbucks to mostly delete mails (since we don't usually purchase an internet package) but I've found in recent years that gets a bit annoying. We may end up getting an internet package this trip just so we don't have to fight the crowds at a busy restaurant/cafe just to delete junk emails lol.

• Like 1