Is Royal the only line not requiring vaccines in Florida?

On 6/13/2021 at 2:38 PM, harkinmr said:

Nope. Wrong. No passengers HAD to wear masks after the positive tests were found.  There were some who chose to do so for there own reasons and I respect that. 

Thanks. Good to know.

On 6/13/2021 at 4:32 PM, Tapi said:

I’m not a lawyer, but I’m going to guess that Celebrity’s legal time figured out the proper wording and procedures to avoid violating Florida law while abiding by the CDC’s requirements for restricted cruising. 

I’m guessing that they determined that they can say that vaccinations are required to sail, but they also determined that a passenger has the right to say that the don’t want to get vaccinated and/or they could decline providing proof. 

And that’s where the additional note concerning Florida sailings kicks in, where Celebrity isn’t denying services to unvaccinated guests,  but the CDC will be if the 5% is exceeded. 

If that’s what Celebrity intended when they wrote the protocols, I think it’s brilliant. Well, not brilliant for non-vaccinated guests who insist on sailing on a restricted cruise.  

I agree with you. In fact, I posted that Celebrity's plan to sail out of Florida with 95% vaxxed passengers is BRILLIANT!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

I agree with you. In fact, I posted that Celebrity's plan to sail out of Florida with 95% vaxxed passengers is BRILLIANT!!!

I just wish Royal was doing the same as Celebrity here.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2021 at 5:00 PM, snichols23 said:

Just thinking aloud….. we’ve all heard of rowdy flyers getting large fines, booted off flights and put on no fly lists over masks when everyone’s required to wear them.

What happens if cruisers get rowdy? Vax v non vax? Mask v no mask? More requirements of those who don’t produce vax proof v fewer requirements for vax? Refusing to pay for tests? Different requirements in different ports of call? Different cabins? Et al.

Lots of difficulty in monitoring, security. I hope the brig can hold everyone. It’s a big ole crazy world.

Add alcohol consumption in all this mayhem and they just may have a big problem on their hands. Hope they have enough security staff to handle the unruly ones.