Is Royal the only line not requiring vaccines in Florida?

21 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

I spoke with Celebrity about a booking on Edge

and was told that vaccines were not required but they were hoping that most would be. It was a change from last week or so when o was told by Celebrity that vaccines are required.

I have been trying to say that all day but no one wants to believe me. 

Thanks for the back up. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Thanks for the back up. 

What are trying to prove? Are you trying to prove that 95% = 100%? Celebrity has stated that ships cruising from Florida will be 95% vaccinated. I have not read that the ship will sail fully vaccinated.

Thanks for the back up. 

They will still need to leave with 95% of the people vaccinated or the ship cannot sail.  They would need to a test cruise first otherwise.  It is true they are not requiring vaccinations, but they only have room for 5% unvaccinated passengers.  So its not about if people are vaccinated or not, its about can they meet the 95% threshold to sail.  Otherwise the ship cannot leave port. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Covid is not going anywhere fast. Richard Fain has stated that there will be cases on the ships. It’s all in how each ship/cruise line deals with it. If people are waiting for this virus to be wiped off the face of the earth before getting back to their lives then they will be sheltering in place for a long time. 

Land vacations don't have the same uncertainties as cruising. Life on land is pretty much back to normal.  Too much red tape involved to cruise now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

Land vacations don't have the same uncertainties as cruising. Life on land is pretty much back to normal.  Too much red tape involved to cruise now.

I totally understand your concerns and I feel if anyone has any reservations then holding off is the best idea at this time. 😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I agree. Why it is important to book fully refundable cruises now on Royal and the ability to cancel before final payment if the masks for all requirement on Royal does not change.

6 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

They will still need to leave with 95% of the people vaccinated or the ship cannot sail.  They would need to a test cruise first otherwise.  It is true they are not requiring vaccinations, but they only have room for 5% unvaccinated passengers.  So its not about if people are vaccinated or not, its about can they meet the 95% threshold to sail.  Otherwise the ship cannot leave port. 

Exactly! They can say required or not required all they want. If they don't do a test cruise, they are only approved to do a 95% sailing. If there aren't at least 95% vaccinated onboard, the ship does NOT leave port. 

As far as I am concerned, these ships are vaccines "required". They can spin it all they want to try and get around the FL law, but they are either going to leave a lot of angry people at the port, or not sail if too many un-vaccinated people book on Celebrity.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

What are trying to prove? Are you trying to prove that 95% = 100%? Celebrity has stated that ships cruising from Florida will be 95% vaccinated. I have not read that the ship will sail fully vaccinated.

I am not trying to prove anything. I have just made observations that Celebrity says one thing on the phone, and another thing on their website, and that we will need to take a wait and see approach to see what happens when the first ship sails. 
Same with NCL, who IS advertising 100% vaccinated. 
How both pull this off in Florida is a story that has to unfold. There is a lot of contradictory information out there. That’s all I am saying. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Exactly! They can say required or not required all they want. If they don't do a test cruise, they are only approved to do a 95% sailing. If there aren't at least 95% vaccinated onboard, the ship does NOT leave port. 

As far as I am concerned, these ships are vaccines "required". They can spin it all they want to try and get around the FL law, but they are either going to leave a lot of angry people at the port, or not sail if too many un-vaccinated people book on Celebrity.

Those people will know 3 days before if they are sailing or not.  So no angry people at the port. They can be angry in their own homes.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, jrapps said:

No tears here if some unvaccinated folks left behind. Celebrity has got it right.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 2

I am not trying to prove anything. I have just made observations that Celebrity says one thing on the phone, and another thing on their website, and that we will need to take a wait and see approach to see what happens when the first ship sails. 
Same with NCL, who IS advertising 100% vaccinated. 
How both pull this off in Florida is a story that has to unfold. There is a lot of contradictory information out there. That’s all I am saying. 

Easy for Celebrity to pull off. You have the choice to “voluntarily” prove that your vaccinated or not. Simple as that. The ship is going out 95% vaccinated. Not too hard for someone to figure out. If you’re not vaccinated or do not want to show proof then there’s a chance you may not make the five percent cut. NCL is the one stating that 100% must be vaccinated. A whole different can of worms that I’m not concerned about. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Celebrity is holding to the 95% vaccinated number. No, you do not have to be vaccinated but if you do not state that you’re vaccinated and voluntarily show proof at check in then you move to the five percent quartile of unvaccinated and  “If” you make it on board within the five percent of unvaccinated guests then life will not be the same as the ones who are vaccinated. Nothing has changed for cruises out of Florida. 
https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/celebrity-healthy-at-sea-protocols.pdf

Then Celebrity will be in violation of FL law.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

LOL……Celebrity is not demanding that one shows proof. If you don’t show proof then your considered unvaccinated. I doubt Celebrity’s lawyers in the big shiny buildings are afraid the states attorney’s in the big shiny buildings. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

Again there is no requirement.  They are not asking for your vaccination status.  If someone volunteers the information then they are moved into the 95%.  Otherwise you go into the 5%.  Either way its not required.  In order for the ship to sail they have to meet the 95% threshold or the ship cannot leave.  They are not in violation of Florida law.  They just don't have room for more than 5% on the ship.  

• Like 5

8 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I just went through the entire booking process for the July 10 sailing on The Edge, NOT ONE QUESTION about my vaccination status, not one alert that a vaccine is required.

I booked a Celebrity cruise for September a few days ago (through an online TA). During the booking process, I wasn’t asked if I am vaccinated, but when I received my confirmation, I noticed that, right underneath my name, it says “VACCINATED-YES” in capital letters. My underage and unvaccinated children don’t have those words under their names so I’m deducing that this is Celebrity’s way of already counting them towards the 5% of unvaccinated guests allowed. 

I was also emailed the protocols for the sailing and it does state that vaccinations WILL be required for all guests over the age of 12. My kids will be given a COVID test complimentarily at the port. 

8 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

Yes, however the way Celebrity is doing this is quite ingenious. By asking people to volunteer the info, and saying it is not "required" but those choosing the unvax route are put in the 5% bucket, then they would only be fined for the people choosing not to show proof AND denied sailing. That won't be that many people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tapi said:

I booked a Celebrity cruise for September a few days ago (through an online TA). During the booking process, I wasn’t asked if I am vaccinated, but when I received my confirmation, I noticed that, right underneath my name, it says “VACCINATED-YES” in capital letters. My underage and unvaccinated children don’t have those words under their names so I’m deducing that this is Celebrity’s way of already counting them towards the 5% of unvaccinated guests allowed. 

I was also emailed the protocols for the sailing and it does state that vaccinations WILL be required for all guests over the age of 12. My kids will be given a COVID test complimentarily at the port. 

This post really is scary. So no verification at all they just marked you as vaccinated?  I understand your children not being vaccinated I am specifically stating you.  

6 minutes ago, cscurlock said:

Again there is no requirement.  They are not asking for your vaccination status.  If someone volunteers the information then they are moved into the 95%.  Otherwise you go into the 5%.  Either way its not required.  In order for the ship to sail they have to meet the 95% threshold or the ship cannot leave.  They are not in violation of Florida law.  They just don't have room for more than 5% on the ship.  

Ever get the feeling that your beating your head against the wall? I’m having one of those moments. I will leave this thread knowing that I will board a ship that has at least 95% of the passengers vaccinated. Happy cruising. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sept10dsm said:

They will do this at the port?  It's a gamble 

I thought the Celebrity app would have a place to upload the vaccination information.  Then when early check in ends 3 days before they should know how many people they have and can send emails to any of the 5% group that did not make the cut and they should get a cancellation letter and a full refund.  That way there is no drama at the port.

2 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Ever get the feeling that your beating your head against the wall? I’m having one of those moments. I will leave this thread knowing that I will board a ship that has at least 95% of the passengers vaccinated. Happy cruising. 

Maybe, or you will show up to a ship that isn’t allowed to leave the dock. 

1 minute ago, cscurlock said:

I thought the Celebrity app would have a place to upload the vaccination information.  Then when early check in ends 3 days before they should know how many people they have and can send emails to any of the 5% group that did not make the cut and they should get a cancellation letter and a full refund.  That way there is no drama at the port.

I think there will still be SOME drama at the port. They can only let 5% onboard of the total that have already boarded. What if from the 95% someone misses the ship, or is denied boarding due to medical issue or covid symptoms. There is likely going to be somebody who made the cut 3 days before but might not make it on the ship day of.

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Maybe, or you will show up to a ship that isn’t allowed to leave the dock. 

Only way the ship isn't allowed to leave dock is if they have more than 5% un-vaccinated. They will make sure that doesn't happen by controlling who can board and when.

If the state thinks they are in violation of the vaccine law, they cant prevent the ship from sailing, their only recourse is to fine the cruise.