Is Royal the only line not requiring vaccines in Florida?

1 hour ago, cruiserking said:

MSC is starting cruises from Florida in August with unvaccinated/vaccinated passengers with similar protocols to Royal Caribbean for unvaccinated cruisers. 

Jonathan

So - what are those protocols from Florida?
 Besides mentioning paying for the cost of testing, I have not read anything definite, only the word “different Protocols”.  Would be nice if Royal would delineate what protocols will apply.  

Edited by BSocial
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BSocial said:

So - what are those protocols from Florida?
 Besides mentioning paying for the cost of testing, I have not read anything definite, only the word “different Protocols”.  Would be nice of Royal would delineate what protocols will apply.  

I honestly don't even think they have figured that out yet.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jrapps said:

I honestly don't even think they have figured that out yet.

Or they don’t want to say and receive backlash or cancellations from either side of the vaccine debate, until close to sailing date..  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BSocial said:

Or they don’t want to say and receive backlash or cancellations from either side of the vaccine debate, until close to sailing date..  

The part that sucks the most is, if the protocols are severe enough to entice non-vaccinated to cancel, they could possibly end up with 95% or more vaccinated on the ship anyway but won't be able to reap the benefits of it.

The one thing both sides of the vaccine argument agree on is, none of us wants to wear masks. I think Royal will end up getting many people on either side of the vaccine argument to cancel simply due to the masks rules.

• Like 1

Celebrity folks got it pretty good. No masks onboard even from Florida. You would think they were not owned by RCI as their approaches for cruises from Florida is so different.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, coaster said:

Celebrity folks got it pretty good. No masks onboard even from Florida. You would think they were not owned by RCI as their approach to Florida sailings are so different.

That’s great for Celebrity cruisers.  Wish they had a ship home ported out of Galveston. 

Edited by BSocial
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Don’t count on it. Fain is doing everything he can, other than outright saying “stay away”, to discourage the unvaccinated from sailing. He knows the level of cruiser desire for vaccinated sailings and on which side his bread is buttered. 

The problem with this strategy is whether cruisers desire vaccinated sailings or not, and whether Fain changes his mind a dozen times or not, The one constant is people's desires for cruising experience to be a normal as possible. i.e. no masks.

Once they do a test cruise and get a ship certified for mixed vaccination, masks apply. Sure they could change their mind after that but they'd have to reapply for certification and then they would have wasted all the money they spent doing a test cruise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jrapps said:

The problem with this strategy is whether cruisers desire vaccinated sailings or not, and whether Fain changes his mind a dozen times or not, The one constant is people's desires for cruising experience to be a normal as possible. i.e. no masks.

Once they do a test cruise and get a ship certified for mixed vaccination, masks apply. Sure they could change their mind after that but they'd have to reapply for certification and then they would have wasted all the money they spent doing a test cruise.

I don’t believe they will change the protocols. I think they know their audience and protocols will be tough to manage. So protocols for all. No refereeing. Carnival gets it.  

• Like 1

Going to be tough docking next to a Carnival ship and seeing their passengers all unmasked and relaxed while those on our Royal ships are masked and struggling to breath in the heat.

Edited by coaster

These mask protocols wont last long. Give it a couple weeks. Covid cases in America are near nothing at this point on daily bases. Only going down. Masks will not be required on cruises soon.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, texmat said:

A great business decision. All those other lines who have people that can’t get vaccinated will now run to RCL! 

Exactly it was a very smart business move. I think they did the right thing.

Edited by mkdreams
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

These mask protocols wont last long. Give it a couple weeks. Covid cases in America are near nothing at this point on daily bases. Only going down. Masks will not be required on cruises soon.

Hopefully so... The current mask requirement being imposed on fully vaccinated passengers on Royal's unlimited unvaccinated sailings from Florida is just a deal breaker for most that want a  vacation close to normal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mkdreams said:

Exactly it was a very smart business move. 

Many would disagree with you. Sorry you feel a cruise line that welcomes unlimited unvaccinated passengers at the expense of those that are vaccinated is the right business decision. I am not going to wear a mask to accommodate people like you. More than prepared to cancel our cruises because of the selfish thinking like that.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Courtesy of Jimmy Fallon on June 8th...

Royal Caribbean just announced they won't require vaccines for passengers, which is exciting, because if you survive being unvaccinated AND eating from the buffet, you’ll be declared “legally invincible."

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, coaster said:

Hopefully so... The current mask requirement being imposed on fully vaccinated passengers on Royal's unlimited unvaccinated sailings from Florida is just a deal breaker for most that want a  vacation close to normal.

Hopefully most of this shakes out over the next few months. Seeing as Royal is one of the few to allow un-vaccinated sailings, one of 2 things will happen

1 - Sailings will happen, there won't be any outbreaks, restrictions will lighten up over time

2 - Sailings will happen, there will be outbreaks, restrictions will increase over time

Only time will tell. 

• Like 1

This is all subject to Florida law and how any court rulings might affect it. If I were going to book any fully vaccinated cruise out of Florida, I'd make sure it's fully refundable along with airfare, hotel, etc. All of these protocols could change on a dime.

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

Hopefully most of this shakes out over the next few months. Seeing as Royal is one of the few to allow un-vaccinated sailings, one of 2 things will happen

1 - Sailings will happen, there won't be any outbreaks, restrictions will lighten up over time

2 - Sailings will happen, there will be outbreaks, restrictions will increase over time

Only time will tell. 

I'm not very confident given that the 2 on Celebrity who were vaccinated and tested positive for Covid.  I just hope that people who are sailing these early cruises are prepaid for the unexpected even if it means showing up to port and being denied boarding.   For me the unknown is just too stressful to even consider a cruise until things settle down

Well idk. I'm hearing conflicting information elsewhere that Galveston cruises will be vaccinated.. who knows who is right. 

I'm going to sit back and watch.

Saw the promenade on adventure on a blog and was ready to cruise.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I just went through the entire booking process for the July 10 sailing on The Edge, NOT ONE QUESTION about my vaccination status, not one alert that a vaccine is required.

Did a mock booking on NCL for Gem August 10, no mention of vaccine requirement until you get to the payment page, it says "vaccine requirement for all age groups on this itinerary"

I spoke with Celebrity about a booking on Edge

and was told that vaccines were not required but they were hoping that most would be. It was a change from last week or so when o was told by Celebrity that vaccines are required.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I'm not very confident given that the 2 on Celebrity who were vaccinated and tested positive for Covid.  I just hope that people who are sailing these early cruises are prepaid for the unexpected even if it means showing up to port and being denied boarding.   For me the unknown is just too stressful to even consider a cruise until things settle down

Covid is not going anywhere fast. Richard Fain has stated that there will be cases on the ships. It’s all in how each ship/cruise line deals with it. If people are waiting for this virus to be wiped off the face of the earth before getting back to their lives then they will be sheltering in place for a long time. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

and was told that vaccines were not required but they were hoping that most would be. It was a change from last week or so when o was told by Celebrity that vaccines are required.

They have to say that. Celebrity is sticking to at least 95 percent of passengers being vaccinated though. Something that Royal refuses to do. The reason why Celebrity sailings will not require masks onboard and why everyone onboard Royal ships will be required to wear masks indoors and out. Same ownership of Celebrity and Royal, but Royal passengers will need to mask up at all times while Celebrity guests get extra freedom.

Edited by coaster

19 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Celebrity is holding to the 95% vaccinated number. No, you do not have to be vaccinated but if you do not state that you’re vaccinated and voluntarily show proof at check in then you move to the five percent quartile of unvaccinated and  “If” you make it on board within the five percent of unvaccinated guests then life will not be the same as the ones who are vaccinated. Nothing has changed for cruises out of Florida. 
https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/celebrity-healthy-at-sea-protocols.pdf

• Like 1