Is Royal the only line not requiring vaccines in Florida?

13 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Maybe, or you will show up to a ship that isn’t allowed to leave the dock. 

I think what he's trying to say is that for every 100 passengers, no more than 5 can be non-vaccinated. So... with 2000 passengers, the ship can only have 100 passengers non vaccinated. If they have 117 passengers non-vaccinated, in an effort for the ship to cruise, at least 17 passengers will be denied. The number of passengers denied to cruise will be based on the total numbers passengers. 

Now, while a few posters on this thread have convinced themselves that 'volunteering' one's vaccination status is permissable, I think the way it's being explained goes completely against the spirit of the law.  Time will tell.  

Either way... it's way to early to cruise. I'll wait it out until there is no possible way for a mask to be required. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I think what he's trying to say is that for every 100 passengers, no more than 5 can be non-vaccinated. So... with 2000 passengers, the ship can only have 100 passengers non vaccinated. If they have 117 passengers non-vaccinated, in an effort for the ship to cruise, at least 17 passengers will be denied. The number of passengers denied to cruise will be based on the total numbers passengers. 

Now, while a few posters on this thread have convinced themselves that 'volunteering' one's vaccination status is permissable, I think the way it's being explained goes completely against the spirit of the law.  Time will tell.  

Either way... it's way to early to cruise. I'll wait it out until there is no possible way for a mask to be required. 

I agree. I just can’t imagine such blatant disregard for the “spirit of the law” to go over un-noticed by the state. 
We will soon see, I am glad I have no money on the line until February, and I got a full refund for July. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, cscurlock said:

I think that is about a close as you can get to 95%.  Because the person has completely paid for the room and will not get reimbursed because of medical issues.  As far as the cruise line is concerned they are in the room and its paid for so they will count it.  They should do the final total of the 5% based on paid rooms at that point.   If you have not uploaded your documentation by early check in then be prepared to get a cancellation letter.  Once that is sent the cruise is over so no need to go to the port.  Some unvaccinated people might get cut that are in the 5% at the port but I don't think the cruise line is going to try and micro manage this.  That day 3 is the cut off.   

Are you speaking on behalf of Royal Caribbean or are you assuming this is how it will be done?

45 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I believe there is a time limit that edits can be done. I'm not sure how long it is but it is not that long at all.

Well If you notice it right away like the poster did it wouldn't be a problem. They made the correction in the next post.

58 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

How can anyone who is un-vaxxed expect to sail without wearing a mask? Un-vaxxed people must wear masks on land, according to CDC guidelines. Why should they expect the mask requirement to be different for them on a cruise ship? Am I missing something here?

They may as well just drop all mask requirements on land.  I wish I had a dime for everyone who walks in to the drug store checking in for the vaccine who isn't wearing a mask. I guess they think they are exempt because they have an appointment for the vaccine.  These are the same people who refused to wear a mask during the height of the pandemic.  Who knows how many unvaxxed are walking around maskless in the supermarket.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I agree. I just can’t imagine such blatant disregard for the “spirit of the law” to go over un-noticed by the state. 
We will soon see, I am glad I have no money on the line until February, and I got a full refund for July. 

The cruise lines will do whatever THEY feel will get them back to cruising as quickly, safely, and profitably as possible. If that means ignoring the spirit of a law, then that is the choice they made. Can they be fined for violating the spirit of a law and not the letter of it? Not for me to decide, that is what lawsuits are for. I for one will find it hard to believe that the state will choose to fine or sue lines like Carnival over this. Maybe if they chose to blatantly disregard the letter of the law (like NCL is doing) but the way Carnival is doing this might be enough for the state to look the other way)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jrapps said:

You are correct. However, the lines have the power to make things more restrictive on the fly, but can't make things less restrictive than CDC guidelines. People should at least be told the guidelines that the cruise lines are powerless to remove (like masks required for un-vaccinated cruises)

If people aren't prepared for last minute restrictions during Covid, then they may not be ready to cruise yet. Are we sure that the Millennium made everyone wear masks after those 2 were identified, or did people just choose to do so?

I'm saw it in a blog that the mood on the ship changed immensely when announced and that masks then were required. That's all I got on the subject. I think I read this on a review from the Millenium. 

15 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Land vacations don't have the same uncertainties as cruising. Life on land is pretty much back to normal.  Too much red tape involved to cruise now.

I wish that all all un-vaxxed passengers would realize this. Stay off the ships until these protocols are dropped. Take land vacations so the rest of the vaxxed community and the cruise lines do not have jump through hoops of fire, especially those lines that plan to home port from Florida.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, cscurlock said:

Those people will know 3 days before if they are sailing or not.  So no angry people at the port. They can be angry in their own homes.

If this is true, then WHEN and WHERE will people be voluntarily offering their proof of vaccination?

15 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

//////////////This part deleted.

15 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Land vacations don't have the same uncertainties as cruising. Life on land is pretty much back to normal.  Too much red tape involved to cruise now.

Un-vaccinated people on land must mask in public indoors per the CDC guidelines. What has changed about that? So........life on land is pretty much NOT back to normal yet for un-vaxxed people. The only people who are pretty much back to normal are the un-vaxxed who continue to not abide by the CDC guidelines. But......there have been those folks since the beginning of this pandemic so there is that.

Edited by coffeebean

3 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Un-vaccinated people on land must mask in public indoors per the CDC guidelines. What has changed about that? So........life on land is pretty much NOT back to normal yet for un-vaxxed people. The only people who are pretty much back to normal are the un-vaxxed who continue to not abide by the CDC guidelines. But......there have been those folks since the beginning of this pandemic so there is that.

Correct, however I think when an un-vaxxed person walks into Publix, Walmart, Target, etc without a mask on, the store doesn't really care. A cruise line however WILL care a great deal more.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ChutChut said:

Then Celebrity will be in violation of FL law.

I don't see it that way. Celebrity cruisers will be VOLUNTEERING their vaccine status. No Florida law is broken because they are NOT REQUIRED to show proof of vaccination. That is skirting the law. NO???

• Like 1

Did anyone else think it was interesting adventure sailed with 6% kids? 

If it had been a usa port, wouldnt have made the 95% cut off. Just interesting from Michael bayley 

Adventure of the Seas sailed yesterday with over 1,000 guests from Nassau, Bahamas on its first seven day Caribbean cruise ! All our crew fully vaccinated and all guests over 16 fully vaccinated. That is 94 percent of guests fully vaccinated with the remaining 6 percent kids not yet eligible for vaccines. A wonderful day and huge thanks to so many it's impossible to list everyone. One giant team effort ! Onwards and upwards !    All guests tested before boarding ! (Note from Aug 1,  all kids sailing over 12 will be required to be vaccinated)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tapi said:

I booked a Celebrity cruise for September a few days ago (through an online TA). During the booking process, I wasn’t asked if I am vaccinated, but when I received my confirmation, I noticed that, right underneath my name, it says “VACCINATED-YES” in capital letters. My underage and unvaccinated children don’t have those words under their names so I’m deducing that this is Celebrity’s way of already counting them towards the 5% of unvaccinated guests allowed. 

I was also emailed the protocols for the sailing and it does state that vaccinations WILL be required for all guests over the age of 12. My kids will be given a COVID test complimentarily at the port. 

Is it then up to the TA customer to inform the TA that the customer is NOT vaxxed if that is actually the case? How can the TA automatically assume the customer they are dealing with is vaxxed?

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Did anyone else think it was interesting adventure sailed with 6% kids? 

If it had been a usa port, wouldnt have made the 95% cut off. Just interesting from Michael bayley 

Adventure of the Seas sailed yesterday with over 1,000 guests from Nassau, Bahamas on its first seven day Caribbean cruise ! All our crew fully vaccinated and all guests over 16 fully vaccinated. That is 94 percent of guests fully vaccinated with the remaining 6 percent kids not yet eligible for vaccines. A wonderful day and huge thanks to so many it's impossible to list everyone. One giant team effort ! Onwards and upwards !    All guests tested before boarding ! (Note from Aug 1,  all kids sailing over 12 will be required to be vaccinated)

Very interesting. This is the advantage of sailing from outside the US, the best of both worlds.

If this was from FL, they would have either had to cut down the # of kids to hit 5% (on a line like Carnival) or sail with 6% kids but everyone wearing masks (Royal)

45 minutes ago, jrapps said:

The cruise lines will do whatever THEY feel will get them back to cruising as quickly, safely, and profitably as possible. If that means ignoring the spirit of a law, then that is the choice they made. Can they be fined for violating the spirit of a law and not the letter of it? Not for me to decide, that is what lawsuits are for. I for one will find it hard to believe that the state will choose to fine or sue lines like Carnival over this. Maybe if they chose to blatantly disregard the letter of the law (like NCL is doing) but the way Carnival is doing this might be enough for the state to look the other way)

TBH, I sure wish they'd use that approach w/ the rules, not laws of the CDC. That agency is out of touch w/ the reality of what's truly happening w/ regards to coming out of this pandemic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Very interesting. This is the advantage of sailing from outside the US, the best of both worlds.

If this was from FL, they would have either had to cut down the # of kids to hit 5% (on a line like Carnival) or sail with 6% kids but everyone wearing masks (Royal)

and this all due to the CDC's rules. Not the Florida's law.  They are so out of touch. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tapi said:

I was also emailed the protocols for the sailing and it does state that vaccinations WILL be required for all guests over the age of 12. My kids will be given a COVID test complimentarily at the port. 

That, right there, DOES violate Florida law.

14 hours ago, Tapi said:

I don’t know if it will be requested at the time of online check in or at the time of boarding, but I’m including a screens shot of what their website says.

They are requiring that everybody over the age of 16 (it will change to 12 in August) is vaccinated as a condition to sail. So any adult booking a Celebrity cruise who doesn’t meet that requirement and hoping that they will be allowed to board as part of the 5% of unvaccinated guests will be taking a significant gamble if there are enough children booked to meet the 5%.

I guess it can be very scary for someone who chooses not to provide proof or who isn’t vaccinated. If I weren’t vaccinated, or if I wanted to sail without providing proof, I wouldn’t be booking a celebrity cruise to begin with. 

0F98F0C5-8E1A-444C-BB7E-E8AF6BBFC104.jpeg

For sailings from Florida, this advisory should also say that people may be turned away and not be able to board if the 5% unvaxxed is filled to capacity.

2 hours ago, jrapps said:

I see your point and yeah I think we are arguing semantics. I think the part that is more important is mask vs non-mask, rather than if a ship is "fully" vs 95% vaccinated.

If a ship sails as a "vaccinated sailing" meaning 95% or greater (regardless of which of those terms you consider to mean "fully"), then no masks are required. That is the part that I think most people care about, not the exact percentage of un-vaccinated people that may be on the ship.

OK. I get it now.

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

^^^^^.This. All day long. ^^^^^ 

Carnival's policy is for their FIRST month only. July. Nothing has been stated any later. Their strategy is to 'test' cruise w/ paying customers. As cases continue to drop across the states, the CDC will be forced to drop some of these very tough, restrictive living arrangements. Soon enough, all sghips will be sailing under the same format. What amazes me are the folks claiming they are canceling their Dec or Jan cruises based on policy of the first cruises. I simply do not get it. 

agree 100%.  I also wont book any US cruise in 2021 until mask mandate is fully dropped and freedom to explore ports is in place.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

The Millenium cruisenwas fully vaccinated and when they found the 2 peeps that trested positive, then everybody had to wear masks. My point is, no matter what policy is stated, things change. 

Really? Is that what happened? Everyone had to wear masks after those two tested positive? I have not heard that.

2 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Really? Is that what happened? Everyone had to wear masks after those two tested positive? I have not heard that.

I also can find no mention of that anywhere. I read one report that said a few people chose to wear masks after that happened but the majority of the cruisers remained mask-free.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

Correct, however I think when an un-vaxxed person walks into Publix, Walmart, Target, etc without a mask on, the store doesn't really care. A cruise line however WILL care a great deal more.

Absolutely agree.

11 minutes ago, jrapps said:

I also can find no mention of that anywhere. I read one report that said a few people chose to wear masks after that happened but the majority of the cruisers remained mask-free.

That makes more sense. Wasn't it stated in an above post that a blogger on the Millie ship claims an announcement was made that all people on board had to wear masks? Should we now be weary of the information that bloggers who claim to be on the ship are offering to us?