Excursion live for Divina Sept 26 sailing

kelleherdl

I was just in my booking record for our September 26 sailing on Divina.  Excursions were live for booking.  Snagged a beach front YC cabana. Very encouraging news.

Dennis

Edited by kelleherdl

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2021 at 4:13 PM, kelleherdl said:

I was just in my booking record for our September 26 sailing on Divina.  Excursions were live for booking.  Snagged a beach front YC cabana. Very encouraging news.

Dennis

We did as well, for Day 2. Maybe will will buy you that drink then!

It's interesting to compare and contrast with NCL as the Haven area cabanas on Great Stirrup Cay are literal hotel rooms...full bathrooms, packed fridge (literally, 10 bottles of water and all of the drinks our butler knew we liked from the ship), snacks, TV, pull out beds (and full beds, in some).

I know the idea was for NCL to have overnight "glamping" at one point - unsure if that is still the plan. When we last booked one, it was for June and is was I believe 700$ - all inclusive except some alcohol beverages. Expensive, but it was an anniversary present to ourselves. 

499$ and 399$ seems overpriced for the Ocean Cay cabanas, but after pining for 2 years of missing cruises, 1 day of being spoiled is worth it to us. Day 1 on Ocean Cat we will be having fun on the ship, then come out at night for the light show. 

2 hours ago, amygutman said:

We did as well, for Day 2. Maybe will will buy you that drink then!

It's interesting to compare and contrast with NCL as the Haven area cabanas on Great Stirrup Cay are literal hotel rooms...full bathrooms, packed fridge (literally, 10 bottles of water and all of the drinks our butler knew we liked from the ship), snacks, TV, pull out beds (and full beds, in some).

I know the idea was for NCL to have overnight "glamping" at one point - unsure if that is still the plan. When we last booked one, it was for June and is was I believe 700$ - all inclusive except some alcohol beverages. Expensive, but it was an anniversary present to ourselves. 

499$ and 399$ seems overpriced for the Ocean Cay cabanas, but after pining for 2 years of missing cruises, 1 day of being spoiled is worth it to us. Day 1 on Ocean Cat we will be having fun on the ship, then come out at night for the light show. 

The MSC cabanas are not anything like HAL Half Moon Cay full cabanas or NCL Haven ones (which I have not tried).  They do not have WC’s and full table service.  There are four of us and we have a lot of credit to spend so we reserved one.

Dennis

On 7/19/2021 at 4:55 PM, kelleherdl said:

The MSC cabanas are not anything like HAL Half Moon Cay full cabanas or NCL Haven ones (which I have not tried).  They do not have WC’s and full table service.  There are four of us and we have a lot of credit to spend so we reserved one.

Dennis

If it makes you happy...why not!

I just Googled HAL Half Moon Cay cabanas...wow. They look amazing. 

Warmest, Amy