Florida wins against CDC?

Hadacareer

2 hours ago, beanbeaner said:

Sure. I'm not sure it's all that niche, though.

Leas than 50% of USA citizens are vaccinated. Current trends suggest the best we will get to is 60%. That leaves only 40% of the population who would qualify to sail on a 100% vaccinated ship.. Of those 40%, how many really don’t care about 100% vaccination because they feel safe having had the jab? My guess is you are left with less than 20% who will ONLy sail on a 100% vaccinated ship. 

If the demand is there and cruise lines can profit from offering 100% vaccinated, they will. Time will tell.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I think those of you demanding 100% vaccinated ships are rooting against Industry success. Name an industry that alienates 50% of their customers and survives? Remember, those who are vaccinated are still the minority. Add in kids who can’t be vaccinated and the stats are probably closer to alienating 70%. Then consider all those who are vaccinated but willing to sail with others that aren’t. I would pose the case that Cruise lines can’t survive with only 30% of the market able to partake. Cruise line must figure out a way to increase their customer  base and keep people safe if they hope to weather this storm. 

There was a poll on here were about 85% of the results wanted fully vaccinated cruises.  This site (love it or hate it) is more on the pulse of past cruise guests then anywhere else out there in my opinion.  Based on that, they are not alienating anywhere near 50%, and the 10-15% will either come back after reluctantly getting vaccinated or they will be replaced with new travelers who want a fully vaccinated opportunity to travel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, oteixeira said:

There was a poll on here were about 85% of the results wanted fully vaccinated cruises.  This site (love it or hate it) is more on the pulse of past cruise guests then anywhere else out there in my opinion.  Based on that, they are not alienating anywhere near 50%, and the 10-15% will either come back after reluctantly getting vaccinated or they will be replaced with new travelers who want a fully vaccinated opportunity to travel.

I believe  you are wrong. Please don’t take offense, it’s not a personal attack. The Facts are CC represents a small fraction of the industry and any survey conducted here can not be intelligently generalized to a larger population. 

I repeat- if there is a market for 100% vaccinated it will exist. Based on current bookings it doesn’t look promising on a grand scale. Time will tell. If I’m wrong I’ll buy you a beer :). 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I believe  you are wrong. Please don’t take offense, it’s not a personal attack. The Facts are CC represents a small fraction of the industry and any survey conducted here can not be intelligently generalized to a larger population. 

I repeat- if there is a market for 100% vaccinated it will exist. Based on current bookings it doesn’t look promising on a grand scale. Time will tell. If I’m wrong I’ll buy you a beer :). 

That is fair, I just don't know anywhere else on line that can give you a large cross section of active cruisers across all lines more accurately then here.  I don't love it here, it has it's worts, but it is very active.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RumRunner2021 said:

It's not.  I think the "niche" is the other side of the fence (those who want to wear masks and distance on a cruise ship so that they don't have to give up 30 minutes of their life to let some mean person stick a sharp needle in their arm).

Do you really believe those who are not vaccinated are worried about a “mean person” with a needle or is this comment more unnecessary drama? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

That is fair, I just don't know anywhere else on line that can give you a large cross section of active cruisers across all lines more accurately then here.  I don't love it here, it has it's worts, but it is very active.

I agree about CC, but I think that likewise you cannot apply overall US vaccination statistics directly to this.  From what I have seen the average cruiser demographics are quite different from the groups that are most likely to avoid vaccination.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

I do love this forum :). I also love cruising and I genuinely want cruising to survive to remotely resemble what I have grown to love over the last 40 years. 

I’m convinced that if there is any hope for us (cruise lovers), there will have to be a middle ground. It’s basic math. 

Please know that I do appreciate your contributions to the forum and I respect your opinion even though we may disagree. Time is the only thing that will determine who is correct here, and I will buy you a beer either way 🙂

Just now, Karaboudjan said:

I agree about CC, but I think that likewise you cannot apply overall US vaccination statistics directly to this.  From what I have seen the average cruiser demographics are quite different from the groups that are most likely to avoid vaccination.

This is an excellent point I have considered. However; a large number of cruise demographics also have children. In addition, an even larger percentage of those who are vaccinated believe they are safe in the presence of those unvaccinated. Current masking and social distancing won’t last forever.

Just my 2 cents. My family has taken 7 to 10 day cruises every year for over 20 years out of Florida, until covid19 shutdown. We do not intend to book another cruise until all passengers and crew are fully vaccinated for each sailing. Otherwise there will be constant covid19 outbreaks on sailings, and cancelled itineraries. We actually have $1000 in NCL CruiseNext credits that will expire at end of 2022. We do not intend to cruise until the "fully vaccinated " requirement is enforced. I will forfeit the $1000 CruiseNext credits. Another issue, most of the cruise itinerary ports have very low vaccination rates. Who wants to visit there? Also, after being cooped up for over a year, I do not want to be cooped up in close quarters on a cruise ship.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, spike007 said:

We do not intend to book another cruise until all passengers and crew are fully vaccinated for each sailing.

We do not intend to cruise until the "fully vaccinated " requirement is enforced.

I will forfeit the $1000 CruiseNext credits.

Isn't the fully vaccinated requirement going to be enforced by NCL exactly two weeks from today?  Do you refuse to sail out of anyplace other than FL?

Edited by RumRunner2021

20 minutes ago, RumRunner2021 said:

Probably 50/50.  Why do you ask?

To determine crediability. 

Since you honestly believe that 50% of the people who have chosen not to vaccinate have done so because they are afraid of a "mean person with a needle", I think the point has been made.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RumRunner2021 said:

Isn't the fully vaccinated requirement going to be enforced by NCL exactly two weeks from today?  Do you refuse to sail out of anyplace other than FL?

And, with that said, if NCL changes their 100% vaccination rule I would expect that you will, in turn, cancel all future NCL bookings and replace them with a cruise line that does require 100% vaccination.

Edited by BermudaBound2014

21 minutes ago, spike007 said:

Just my 2 cents. My family has taken 7 to 10 day cruises every year for over 20 years out of Florida, until covid19 shutdown. We do not intend to book another cruise until all passengers and crew are fully vaccinated for each sailing. Otherwise there will be constant covid19 outbreaks on sailings, and cancelled itineraries. We actually have $1000 in NCL CruiseNext credits that will expire at end of 2022. We do not intend to cruise until the "fully vaccinated " requirement is enforced. I will forfeit the $1000 CruiseNext credits. Another issue, most of the cruise itinerary ports have very low vaccination rates. Who wants to visit there? Also, after being cooped up for over a year, I do not want to be cooped up in close quarters on a cruise ship.

I completely agree. Those who demand 100% vaccination should not sail on a ship less than that. The good news is that no matter what we talk about here on CC, if the general population feels as you do, there will be 100% vaccinated ships for you to choose from. The market will determine the course.

3 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

To determine crediability. 

Since you honestly believe that 50% of the people who have chosen not to vaccinate have done so because they are afraid of a "mean person with a needle", I think the point has been made.

Holy Misquote Batman!!  🦇

"those who want to wear masks and distance on a cruise ship so that they don't have to give up 30 minutes of their life to let some mean person stick a sharp needle in their arm"

is really not the same as:

" have chosen not to vaccinate have done so because they are afraid of a 'mean person with a needle'."

Now who's lacking credibility?  (I'm assuming that's what "crediability" was referring to)

Point made indeed!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

And, with that said, if NCL changes their 100% vaccination rule I would expect that you will, in turn, cancel all future NCL bookings and replace them with a cruise line that does require 100% vaccination.

Well expect what you want, but that won't make things happen.  The fact that I like NCL's rule doesn't mean that I'm afraid of a bug that I'm vaccinated against.  You keep reading things into people's posts that they aren't saying.  Why is that?  Vaccinated folks consistently state that they want vaccinated cruises so that they don't have to dance in small circles of light and wear masks most of the time.  Yet, the comprehension challenged consistently interpret that to mean that they're scared to death of dying from the virus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RumRunner2021 said:

Holy Misquote Batman!!  🦇

"those who want to wear masks and distance on a cruise ship so that they don't have to give up 30 minutes of their life to let some mean person stick a sharp needle in their arm"

is really not the same as:

" have chosen not to vaccinate have done so because they are afraid of a 'mean person with a needle'."

Now who's lacking credibility?  (I'm assuming that's what "crediability" was referring to)

Point made indeed!

LOL... you don't get to skip over half the discussion and then claim credibility, this isn't MSM 🙂

To determine your credibility I took the time to actually ask you for clarification.  Remember? I asked you if you really believed those who are not vaccinated are worried about a 'mean person' with a needle?? Before jumping to the conclusion that you actually believed such a ludicrous statement I attempted to understand your position.

And you responded 50/50.

That's all I need to know 🙂

56 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Do you really believe those who are not vaccinated are worried about a “mean person” with a needle or is this comment more unnecessary drama? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RumRunner2021 said:

Well expect what you want, but that won't make things happen.  The fact that I like NCL's rule doesn't mean that I'm afraid of a bug that I'm vaccinated against.  You keep reading things into people's posts that they aren't saying.  Why is that?  Vaccinated folks consistently state that they want vaccinated cruises so that they don't have to dance in small circles of light and wear masks most of the time.  Yet, the comprehension challenged consistently interpret that to mean that they're scared to death of dying from the virus.

Please reread the last sentence of post #83 for clarification.

Doesn't the cruise line's policies regarding vaccination also depend on the planned ports' policies?  If the port authorities require high levels of vaccination, the ship won't be allowed to dock and the passengers won't be able to get off the ship in port.

It's hard to predict the future.

I am vaccinated not because of political or philosophical reasons. I was vaccinated to keep those close to me safe. I want to be with my grandkids and I want to be with the older people in my life that have health issues. I want to go on a cruise that is fully vaccinated for those reasons. I know vaccination is not 100% for any of us so I just want to have the best chance of not catching the virus and hurting someone I love. So to me it is pretty simple. I realize other people have different priorities than me.

• Like 4

Currently, 68.8% of all ADULTS (over 18) have been vaccinated and 59.9% are fully vaccinated. I don't think many children purchase cruises. The percentage of those that actually purchase cruises that are fully vaccinated is likely approaching 70- 75%  since 89.4% of Americans over 65 have had at least 1 vaccination and 79.7% are fully vaccinated. Listen to your elders

Its not 50/50 among cruise customers

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stallion said:

Currently, 68.8% of all ADULTS (over 18) have been vaccinated and 59.9% are fully vaccinated. I don't think many children purchase cruises. The percentage of those that actually purchase cruises that are fully vaccinated is likely approaching 70- 75%  since 89.4% of Americans have had at least 1 vaccination and 79.7% are fully vaccinated. Listen to your elders

Its not 50/50 among cruise customers

89.4%
79.7%

I thought that the reason there may be a 95% requirement vaccination rate is to allow for some unvaccinated children to cruise.  Those under age 12 are not yet eligible, so 100% vaccinated requirement effectively eliminates children under 12.  For some lines - no problem, they aim for adults anyway.  For other lines, children constitute a large portion of passengers, though indeed, they don't usually make the purchase.

• Like 1