Live From Windstar Star Breeze: A Cruise to Nowhere in the Caribbean

Host Jazzbeau

This is a sad story of a cruise line that "dropped the ball" during the COVID pandemic. They had an incredible opportunity to be a forerunner in the COVID comeback.. But they lost focus on the goal and had no plan "B".  

33 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Here is another article reviewing this first Star Breeze cruise, from Travel Weekly:

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/First-Call-More-dining-more-space-on-Windstar-extended-Star-Breeze?ct=cruise

Thank you for the link Jazzbeau. Hoping to hear more about the trip ! Keep it coming.

• 3 weeks later...

Having been on the FREE inaugural Star Breeze cruise "to nowhere" I wonder when I may see a reimbursement.  Or was that "free cruise" as truthful as WS's  "all crew will be vaccinated"claim?  Or maybe that statement was only for the many press people onboard who could write up that the cruise was a frebbie per Windstar PR statement, but never verified that claim. NOT FREE, so far,  per actual passenger!  (and don't offer me another cruise, either!)  

On 7/12/2021 at 11:40 AM, cabosal1 said:

Having been on the FREE inaugural Star Breeze cruise "to nowhere" I wonder when I may see a reimbursement.  Or was that "free cruise" as truthful as WS's  "all crew will be vaccinated"claim?  Or maybe that statement was only for the many press people onboard who could write up that the cruise was a frebbie per Windstar PR statement, but never verified that claim. NOT FREE, so far,  per actual passenger!  (and don't offer me another cruise, either!)  

Just an update:  I finally got in touch with WS and my reimbursement has been processed to my credit card.  

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, cabosal1 said:

Just an update:  I finally got in touch with WS and my reimbursement has been processed to my credit card. 

That wasn't so bad, you only had to wait 2 weeks for the reimbursement when it would normally take a few moths sometimes.

• Like 1

Yes, except I think that this particular cruise went from PR hoopla ( Star Breeze inaugural, return to the Caribbean, etc.) to PR nightmare for WindStar and quick reimbursements might, perhaps, quiet the disgruntled.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:35 AM, Misty Morning said:

That wasn't so bad, you only had to wait 2 weeks for the reimbursement when it would normally take a few moths sometimes.