Nautica done thru June 30, 2022

mauibabes

On 6/23/2021 at 5:58 PM, mamaclark said:

That is precisely what my notification said. Nautica is going into “the drydock required to complete Nautica’s dramatic Re-inspiration, we unfortunately must cancel this voyage.”

I have spoken to Oceania today regarding this cancellation. They have £24,462.00 of ours ,built up over the past 18months of cancelled cruises. Ready to book another cruise closer to home . I rang and asked if we could expect anything by way of recompense the answer is a flat NO  . I asked for a refund and again NO! I feel that this is sharp practice and not what I expected from Oceania. 

On 6/23/2021 at 11:12 AM, cbb said:

Too lazy to go look at Nautica's cruises. Where generally was she sailing?

Dave & Cynthia, 

We had 8 Oceania cruises booked.  Now we have 3 remaining.  After 2020 decided we would do 2023 and skip 2022 and book other cruises.  Never been on Nautica so we did just that.  Oceania
cancelled Dubai to Dubai 12-2/12-12-2021
Dubai to Cape Town 12-12-21/1-11-2022
Singapore - Hong Kong 3-8/3-22-2022
Hong Kong - Tokyo 3-22 / 4-5-2022
Tokyo - Tokyo 4-5/4-15-2022.

On 6/23/2021 at 11:17 AM, cbb said:

Nevermind..

Just

looked at roll calls and it looks like generally Asia some Africa and some Europe. 

Would they be using the time instead for updating her?

Dave Re-inspiration

32 minutes ago, BenMurphy said:

I have spoken to Oceania today regarding this cancellation. They have £24,462.00 of ours ,built up over the past 18months of cancelled cruises. Ready to book another cruise closer to home . I rang and asked if we could expect anything by way of recompense the answer is a flat NO  . I asked for a refund and again NO! I feel that this is sharp practice and not what I expected from Oceania. 

Sounds like you selected FCCs for your previously cancelled cruise(s) - possibly with a value exceeding 100% (which may have seemed like a better choice than just 100% refund for cruises cancelled by O). But, now you want to change the “deal” that was made very clear at the outset: “No refunds of FCCs.”

Even if my assumption is incorrect, please remember that O isn’t responsible for Covid nor for government restrictions related to it.

And, while the O T&Cs give them great leeway in dealing with itinerary issues, they have consistently made decisions that were/are mutually beneficial as regards passengers.

Again, look at the big picture: O has drawn the line of Pandemic flexibility at 12/31/22 (firm “cruise by” deadline for any extended FCCs). And I trust that we all agree it would be great to get back to “as normal as future cruising can be” by then. And, within that deadline time span, I am convinced that O has done an exemplary job of employing multi-purpose decisions to respect its passengers while keeping its business (and fleet) literally “afloat.”  

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BenMurphy said:

Did they offer to extend the  date to "book by  dates" for your FCC's ?

Too bad Oceania didn't tell the truth in their letter cancelling the cruises. The only explanation they give is that the Nautica has to go into drydock for refurbishment. Would have probably been more honest to tell us who have confirmed booking during this time, that there was concern over being able to accomplish the itinerary with Covid-19 still being a concern. Would have thought that if the only reason these sailings were cancelled was because of refurbishment and a dry dock, they probably could have done this sometime over the past 1 1/2 years.

Unfortunately, Oceania has not contacted me nor has my travel agent though the have been paid in full. Wonder how long it will take to get a full refund.

• Like 1

We too had our May 23, 2022, Singapore to Istanbul cruise on Nautica cancelled. You are correct, the specific words refer to the NEXT update for Nautica as a basis for the cancellation of her normally scheduled itineraries throughout Asia, India, Middle East  and beyond. I don’t mean to be an apologist for Oceania but It has been obvious for months that Nautica’s itineraries we’re definitely in jeopardy. Covid, the new variants throughout the countries as well as a lack of vaccinations made it impossible to proceed with the itineraries as originally envisioned. We need to also think about the many months old Coup in Myanmar and the serious issues and unrest in the Holy Land. Oceania is not going to place their guests, staff and ships in harms way. That is why you see the 100%  vaccination requirement in place. 
All of our friends on the cruise have heard from their TA and Oceania and we have been told a100% refund would be applied to all credit cards on file within 30 days. I can’t answer for your TA but this information was initially provided June 22. 

Our hope, like many,  will be the release of some replacement itineraries in April through June in and around the Mediterranean will provide us with some options to use any future cruise credits. I am sure it will be a booking feeding frenzy the day they go on sale. 
Good luck and we hope these cancellations do not sour guests on future cruises on Oceania. It is an outstanding cruise line. IMHO.
Gerry and Bonnie

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chocolate_button said:

Too bad Oceania didn't tell the truth in their letter cancelling the cruises. The only explanation they give is that the Nautica has to go into drydock for refurbishment. Would have probably been more honest to tell us who have confirmed booking during this time, that there was concern over being able to accomplish the itinerary with Covid-19 still being a concern. Would have thought that if the only reason these sailings were cancelled was because of refurbishment and a dry dock, they probably could have done this sometime over the past 1 1/2 years.

Unfortunately, Oceania has not contacted me nor has my travel agent though the have been paid in full. Wonder how long it will take to get a full refund.

If you have a TA, that is who O contacts. So, look to your TA if O communications are not reaching you. Also, O’s regular website Travel Advisories over the past few months were very clear that much of the uncertainty with the restarts was due to Covid issue. 

That  said, there may be  1-3 segments over a month where the cancelled Nautica cruises will not see a new itinerary and booking opportunity because it coincides with the NEXT makeover. Perhaps that’s why you received the communication you did (you are one (or more) of those segments.

IMO, you may want to chat with your TA and, even then, call O for clarification if you mr segment(s) are during the actual NEXT makeover.

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2021 at 4:05 AM, chocolate_button said:

Same here! NOTHING from O directly to me and nothing to my agent either!

19 minutes ago, BenMurphy said:

Same here! NOTHING from O directly to me and nothing to my agent either!

This is a moot issue.

Nautica was taken out of service at the beginning of March 2020 (we were on the last cruise prior).
Scheduled NEXT work had to be postponed indefinitely for all the obvious reasons until shipyards were back in business and backlogged orders were cleared. 

With the constant uncertainty of pandemic related port availability for the remainder of 2021 AND finally nailing down NEXT dates within the first quarter of 2022 (which should take only a few weeks, a decision was made to keep Nautica out of service until summer 2022.

What was offered/not offered as an “explanation” is really irrelevant. A review of your T&Cs will remind you that O reserves the right to cancel cruises fir any reason and promises a refund of fare paid.

That said, anyone taking a step back and looking at the ongoing pandemic environment in light of Nautica’s original first quarter 2022 itinerary would know that most of the included ports would/will not be available.

So, common sense prevails: No need for port change after change after change only to change again. NEXT redo has scheduled dates with delay buffers before/after. Cancelled cruisers are informed months ahead and get 100% refunds of fare paid.  (BTW, our multiple cruise modifications/cancellation $$$/FCCs adjusts/refunds were done within 10 days of O itinerary decisions.

Nonetheless, If anything, perhaps a better O cancel statement should’ve been: “Due to NEXT renovation and continuing uncertainty regarding port availability, Nautica will remain out of service until .....” 

• Like 1