Things are looking up…NCL Test Cruise, Drop In Fare and Final Payment Due Date Push Back

8 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

What happened to NCL?  Remember back in April they were so gung ho, and gave the CDC that ultimatum that they were going to sail July 4th.  Now other lines are moving forward and they seem to be floundering.  

NCL = No Cruises Literally

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KennyFla said:

What happened to NCL?  Remember back in April they were so gung ho, and gave the CDC that ultimatum that they were going to sail July 4th.  Now other lines are moving forward and they seem to be floundering.  

While I don't have any cruises booked yet, it did surprise me a bit as well that they are much slower out of the gate after all of the grandstanding they did in the spring.  However, I also don't think it's a bad thing as they are getting to see how other lines are handling things sailing out of Florida so that they can see what mistakes or changes need to be made.  It's not a bad way to harden the product in this new day in age.

• Like 1

I wonder if NCL didn't want to be first because 30% or so of passengers is just not what they wanted to cruise with, as well as all the well documented issues getting crew back onboard?

Imagine their first cruise in August is far more then a month after first US sailing, I would guess they will be able to pull 60 percent or so and actually make profit on the cruise?  Just a guess, who really knows, maybe the whole re-patriating of crew the second time is what put them so far behind.  No other line did that.

18 hours ago, oteixeira said:

I agree that the "simulation" is to knock off the cobwebs and get the crew a feel for what is to come.  They never swap an entire crew out at once in normal circumstances, so I think this is their way to get the kinks out.  I think it has nothing to do with the CDC or vaccine protocols.  We will all know soon enough.

Fair enough.

• Like 1