Obstructed Ocean View (lifeboat)

imkatz

Hi!  

We are sailing on Vista in an obstructed ocean view cabin.  Room 3229, the obstruction is the lifeboat.  Does anyone know if the lifeboat

completely fills the window or will we still be able to see the water, etc.?

Thanks! :)

The lifeboats are also shown on the Deck 4 plan view.

My bet is that looking straight out or down will be OK, but looking up will be to the bottom of the lifeboat.

I can't seem to find any review of that or similar cabin in the Interwebz, but my Google-fu may be off.

1 hour ago, imkatz said:

Hi!  

We are sailing on Vista in an obstructed ocean view cabin.  Room 3229, the obstruction is the lifeboat.  Does anyone know if the lifeboat

completely fills the window or will we still be able to see the water, etc.?

Thanks! 🙂

So I did some research on the member's side of cruisedeckplans.  Based on the pics and videos I saw, you will able to see the water, docks, etc. looking down.  You won't be able to see anything looking straight out or up.  Hope that helps.

Thank you everyone for your help! 

I could not find a picture or a review of that cabin anywhere.  Not any pictures really of a lifeboat obstructed view.  Hopefully we will be able to see water.

thanks again, so ready to cruise!!!! :)

23 minutes ago, imkatz said:

I could not find a picture or a review of that cabin anywhere.  Not any pictures really of a lifeboat obstructed view.  Hopefully we will be able to see water.

thanks again, so ready to cruise!!!! 🙂

imkaz. It really matters not. You will be on an incredible ship, and I'm sure you will totally be blown away with your view that you have. If this is your first sailing,  I'd say enjoy the view! It's totally worth it! Happy sailing!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, imkatz said:

thanks again, so ready to cruise!!!! :)

21 hours ago, Joe817 said:

imkaz. It really matters not. You will be on an incredible ship, and I'm sure you will totally be blown away with your view that you have. If this is your first sailing,  I'd say enjoy the view! It's totally worth it! Happy sailing!

Thanks!  You are correct, any view out a cruise ship window is the best view! It's not about the room, its about the cruise! This will be cruise #5, first time on Vista.