Can you pre-book specialty restaurants for 2 cabins (4 people) but pay separately?

lbryant

Hello Cruisers!  We'll be sailing on Silhouette Nov 22, 2021 with another couple I would like to pre-book some specialty restaurants with each couple paying their own fees. When I try to make a reservation online it looks like I need to pay for all 4 of us in advanced. Is there a way to do this where each couple pays for themselves?  If we make our own reservations, they would be 2 tables for 2 instead of 1 table for 4.  Thanks for sharing your wisdom!

I just went through this exact same thing.  If you link their cruise to yours, whoever signs the 4 of you up for dinner, gets charged for the dinner.  This happened even when I split the reservation in the checkout section.  We had to go through Celebrity to correct the reservation.  To me, this is a glitch with their on-line reservation system that should be corrected.  I called the Captain's Club number and they got ours corrected for us.  So bottom line, call them and make the reservation OR each make your own reservation at the same time for whatever restaurant you want to dine at and talk to the maitre'd on board.

Ran into a similar problem.   In order to book two cabins the reservations must be linked but when trying to do so found one reservation was considered a "Group Booking" and could not be linked to my reservation.     Another catch is that if are booked with Celebrity you can link reservation yourself but if with an agent you have to have your agent link them.

Our work around was to each room book their own reservation for same night and time and then once onboard stop by the Restaurant and they can join them together with each being charged independently. 

My experience has been that when booking online, you pay at the time of booking, not when you visit the restaurant. So when I make the reservation the full amount  for 4 of us is deducted from my OBC and/or we have to pre-pay by credit card. I understand I may be able to get refunded or make an adjustment later but that sounds a bit risky.  Sounds like calling to make the ressie is the only way to split the check in advance.