Luggage tags

Peteymil

1 hour ago, Sweet Dreams said:

I have these, work great for the tags available to print but not so good for the tags I received in mail from celebrity. Was hoping someone had picture of a sample using the plastic holders and the tags I received in mail not email. Thank you. 

I use them for the ones sent in the mail.   I just fan fold about 1" in the center (where you would write your name) to make them short enough when folded in 1/2.

17 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I use them for the ones sent in the mail.   I just fan fold about 1" in the center (where you would write your name) to make them short enough when folded in 1/2.

That won't work...

(I am thinking the format has changed over the years and you are envisioning an older format).

I am looking right now at the ones that arrived in the mail TODAY...and the printed ones.

Printed ones are 11 inches--or 5.5 inches folded--fitting precisely into the plastic holder.

The mailed ones are 13.5 inches long...so, you might think you could fold under an extra two and a half inches somewhere...BUT...there is no place to "write your name"...The name is preprinted lengthwise across the middle four inches...and, running alongside the name, is a bar code--which I assume they may be doing in preparation for some sort of sorting/locating system...fold in the middle and you lose this.  Of course, right now, the printable ones don't have the bar code...but I'm thinking that could be changing soon enough.

But, again, if you plan on using the plastic holders, there is absolutely no reason to order the mailed tags...much easier to just use the printable ones --which are properly sized for the holders.

1 hour ago, Bruin Steve said:

That won't work...

(I am thinking the format has changed over the years and you are envisioning an older format).

I am looking right now at the ones that arrived in the mail TODAY...and the printed ones.

Been doing it for 5 years +.  Yes the bar code gets folded so you can't see it.  It's not used in loading/unloading.  If it's required for tracking lost luggage it can easily be removed and scanned.

Here's proof.  Did it most recently 2 weeks ago on the 7/3 Edge sailing.

IMG_1369.thumb.JPG.b3d2ec4bb3f98dced78156a391607f36.JPGIMG_1370.thumb.JPG.d0913a25dafa82319939b696ee817888.JPG

IMG_1372.thumb.JPG.3974d9bf9e8142b213ea27144fadc298.JPG

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

What is the advantage of putting the adhesive luggage tags in the holder as opposed to just using them as designed?

I was just answering the question if/how you can do it.    I have the holders as there are times when either I upgrade at the last minute or luggage tags don't arrive in time.   Because I have them I will generally attach one with the holder as it would be much less likely to be ripped off.   I usually attach a second one without the holder on another point on the bag.

Only trying to help answer a question.  Not trying to get into a big debate.  I like the anticipation of getting them in the mail but really the print them out and use the holders is probably the way to go.