Luggage tags

Peteymil

In the U.S ---- Yes.     Their request system use to be screwed up so it may or not work.    One cruise I ordered right after final payment and they didn't arrive until after I left for the cruise.   

We have several sets of tags.  As Jim said the system before Covid was useless.  We often received them after sailing. Received tags for Summit last year two weeks after they cancelled the cruise. The porters can quickly tag your bags at the pier.  We also use packing tape to put our cabin number on each bag.

Do not put a lot of effort or incur any stress about getting tags mailed to you

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

In the U.S ---- Yes.     Their request system use to be screwed up so it may or not work.    One cruise I ordered right after final payment and they didn't arrive until after I left for the cruise.   

On our first Celebrity cruise (westbound transpacific), I requested luggage tags via their on-line portal. I received one set within four or five days, another set four or five days after that, and one more set after we had already left for the port (they were in the accumulated mail when we got home). Seemed a bit much, but perhaps they were compensating for all the people on these boards that couldn't get luggage tags sent to them.

I purchased a set of Cruise Luggage Tag holders on Amazon a couple years ago and still using them -  Even if I get the tags by mail -  I fold them up and slip them in    They are sturdy and secure.    Especially useful if you print your own from the Ticket Booklet

image.png.d17ba7ef515be974afb22dd396b12c54.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I purchased a set of Cruise Luggage Tag holders on Amazon...

We use the same luggage tag holders and also use them for our disembarkation luggage tags. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Call me old-fashioned, but I really prefer the old pre-printed peel and stick tags.

That said, we own the plastic holders as well--but in the WIDE size--as we also cruise on Princess--where they ONLY have print-them-yourself at home tags...and their format is wider.  You can fit narrower tags in the wider plastic cases, but not wide tags in the narrow ones.

That said, I've got back-to-back Apex cruises coming up...and we depart for Athens in 19 days...BUT, thus far, the Celebrity website will NEITHER allow us to order pre-printed sticky tags NOR to print our own.  All the link says is "Pending"...and, clicking on that, it says "This guest is checked in.  Their luggage tag is still processing, so come back later to print a copy".

I called Celebrity to inquire...and the agent just said "they'll send you an email when they're available".  Again, we leave for Athens on the 25th and the cruise embarks July 31.  I noted that to the agent and her response?  "The ship won't be all that full so it should be easier to get it done at the pier".  I'm thinking "Yeah...and Covid testing...and booking the shore excursions for the freshly changed ports that have yet to be put up on the website and everything else new going on"...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Call me old-fashioned, but I really prefer the old pre-printed peel and stick tags.

That said, we own the plastic holders as well--but in the WIDE size--as we also cruise on Princess--where they ONLY have print-them-yourself at home tags...and their format is wider.  You can fit narrower tags in the wider plastic cases, but not wide tags in the narrow ones.

That said, I've got back-to-back Apex cruises coming up...and we depart for Athens in 19 days...BUT, thus far, the Celebrity website will NEITHER allow us to order pre-printed sticky tags NOR to print our own.  All the link says is "Pending"...and, clicking on that, it says "This guest is checked in.  Their luggage tag is still processing, so come back later to print a copy".

I called Celebrity to inquire...and the agent just said "they'll send you an email when they're available".  Again, we leave for Athens on the 25th and the cruise embarks July 31.  I noted that to the agent and her response?  "The ship won't be all that full so it should be easier to get it done at the pier".  I'm thinking "Yeah...and Covid testing...and booking the shore excursions for the freshly changed ports that have yet to be put up on the website and everything else new going on"...

Agree. We prefer Celebrity's peel and fold luggage tags. I order them for all of our Celebrity cruises.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Doesn't seem to be the case for me.  😞  Cruise documents and luggage tags are not available.  40 days until the cruise.

Post when (if) you finally are able to order luggage tags. Thanks. 🍷

I just got off the phone with someone at Celebrity...and they told me there will be NO mailed luggage tags.  One to two weeks before the cruise, we will be able to print our own...That's it.

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is the same situation on Royal Caribbean. We leave on Saturday on the Adventure of the Seas and I was not able to print luggage tags until several days ago. 

51 minutes ago, Straughn said:

I have the narrow luggage tag holders for use when we sail on Royal. Will Celebrity’s tags fit them or do I need to order the wide ones? 

Celebrity's luggage tags will fit. Celebrity's peal and stick luggage tags (including the ones you print) are narrower than RC's.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Straughn said:

I have the narrow luggage tag holders for use when we sail on Royal. Will Celebrity’s tags fit them or do I need to order the wide ones? 

Yes....I have the same.   Celebrity tags fit perfectly.    I guess you could also use the wider ones also.    I noticed when I looked the other day they now have a choice that come with a lanyard seapass holder    I would never use one myself but I know many love them.  

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 5:40 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I just talked to Celebrity because we are sailing in the Edge next month.   They said once your travel docs are sent to you, then you can request luggage tags be mailed to you.