Luggage tags

Peteymil

On 7/4/2021 at 11:29 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

... the system before Covid was useless.  We often received them after sailing. ...  Do not put a lot of effort or incur any stress about getting tags mailed to you

Sorry -- and shocked -- to read of your bad experience.  Shocked because "the system before Covid" was excellent (maybe even too good) for us. 

In more than fifteen "X" cruises, we always received tags, two to four weeks before Embarkation Day.  The reason we said that the service was "maybe too good" is that we got two separate sets of tags ["overkill"] when we had back-to-back bookings!

1 minute ago, jg51 said:

In more than fifteen "X" cruises, we always received tags, two to four weeks before Embarkation Day.  The reason we said that the service was "maybe too good" is that we got two separate sets of tags ["overkill"] when we had back-to-back bookings!

According to our "Informed Delivery", we're going to receive 2 sets today

On 7/5/2021 at 6:01 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I purchased a set of Cruise Luggage Tag holders on Amazon a couple years ago and still using them -  Even if I get the tags by mail -  I fold them up and slip them in    They are sturdy and secure.    Especially useful if you print your own from the Ticket Booklet

@Jim_Iain  Thanks for this suggestion!  These look awesome.  We just ordered a set. 

On 7/10/2021 at 9:46 AM, patty1955 said:

This is in my mail today:

tempsnip.png

That's promising...

A few days ago, a link finally came up for our July 31 Apex sailing...I clicked on it and filled out the request form...but a Celebrity agent told me he didn't think they were actually sending them and advised me to print out the printable ones...But, just maybe, this means we will be getting the mailed ones?

I purchased a set of Cruise Luggage Tag holders on Amazon a couple years ago and still using them -  Even if I get the tags by mail -  I fold them up and slip them in    They are sturdy and secure.    Especially useful if you print your own from the Ticket Booklet

image.png.d17ba7ef515be974afb22dd396b12c54.png

1 hour ago, curtsfan said:

I’ve used those same luggage tags.  They work great.  Especially if you have to printout your own paper tags.  They ensure that they won’t rip.

I accidentally bought another set of the wider kind.    Don't like them and returned them.    I think mine are going on 5 years and still in great shape.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I accidentally bought another set of the wider kind.    Don't like them and returned them.    I think mine are going on 5 years and still in great shape.

I ordered the wider ones when we sailed Princess.

15 hours ago, curtsfan said:

I’ve used those same luggage tags.  They work great.  Especially if you have to printout your own paper tags.  They ensure that they won’t rip.

I have found that the luggage tags ordered from the cruise line sometimes arrive after I have already left home, considering we usually spend a week or two in the area before taking a cruise (ours have all departed from ports at least three time zones away). I found the same plastic covers very useful when I print out luggage tags from the hotel business center and have no other way of connecting them to the suitcase. You'd be surprised how rarely hotel business centers include a stapler.

22 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

According to "Informed Delivery", I have a third set of luggage tags coming today. They must be happy to see us. 

Maybe, like with us, the link kept popping up again, and got resubmitted?

In any event, we haven't gotten any yet...and we leave Sunday...I've got the printed ones ready anyway...

image.png.d17ba7ef515be974afb22dd396b12c54.png

Do you have an example of the tags that are mailed using these holders?  Thank you 

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Here is a link to the amazon holders for Celebrity.  There may be other brands but these have held up well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009PGOCUE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have these, work great for the tags available to print but not so good for the tags I received in mail from celebrity. Was hoping someone had picture of a sample using the plastic holders and the tags I received in mail not email. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Sweet Dreams said:

I have these, work great for the tags available to print but not so good for the tags I received in mail from celebrity. Was hoping someone had picture of a sample using the plastic holders and the tags I received in mail not email. Thank you. 

The purpose of the plastic holders is that, with the printed tags and without such holders, they tell you to fold the tags up in several directions, then to staple them together at certain points.  In order to do this, you need access to a stapler--something most of us rarely carry when we pack for a cruise.  And, after all that, the things are easy to tear or to have the staples pull out.  So, by using the plastic holders, you don't need a stapler and they are difficult to detach from your luggage.  A secondary effect is that, with most of them, the tag compartment is sealed with a ziploc type fastener so they're waterproof in case of rain.

With the mailed sticky tags, they're a better quality paper than what comes out of your printer...and they are easy to pack away with your luggage and pull them out when it's time to board the ship , wrap them around the handle and tape together.  I suppose you could fold them to the correct size and slide them into the plastic holders--but they are not sized the same--they are much longer and part would not be visible.  And why bother with requesting mailed ones if you are only going to put them into the plastic?

BTW, I received a set of tags in the mail today--BUT for my SECOND leg of the B2B!!!  Totally unneeded as I will already be on the ship with my bags already in the suite...Maybe I will get the ones for the first leg before I leave this Sunday...If not, I've got the plastic sleeves and the printed ones ready...

Edited by Bruin Steve