Grand suite or junior

2 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Who said anything about the vast majority?  It’s obviously an issue for some, which is why it is being discussed here.  For those who have, or travel with someone who has a physical issue with it, it’s a legitimate concern.  Older people are both more likely to have a physical situation that is problematic with this particular bath/shower combo and to be traveling in a suite.  Just because a design has been around for years, doesn’t mean it is a good design.  And when paying the very high price of booking a suite, you shouldn’t have to even think about showering in the gym just to be able to shower without risking injuring yourself.  

Some = Vast Minority

Laura now understands why it's easy to get in trouble on these boards. Thanks

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Some = Vast Minority

Laura now understands why it's easy to get in trouble on these boards. Thanks

So if someone is in a minority, they shouldn’t come here and engage in discussion?  As a person whose husband fell in a cruise ship bathroom, resulting in the need for rotator cuff and knee surgery, I think the issue of this particular bathroom is pertinent and valid.  We are currently booked in this category cabin, and I have been wondering about the tub and how high the side seems to be.  You are certainly entitled to think using the gym shower is a suitable alternative, just as I am entitled to think there is a design flaw if a passenger even needs to think about not being able to use the shower in their high priced cabin.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

So if someone is in a minority, they shouldn’t come here and engage in discussion?  As a person whose husband fell in a cruise ship bathroom, resulting in the need for rotator cuff and knee surgery, I think the issue of this particular bathroom is pertinent and valid.  We are currently booked in this category cabin, and I have been wondering about the tub and how high the side seems to be.  You are certainly entitled to think using the gym shower is a suitable alternative, just as I am entitled to think there is a design flaw if a passenger even needs to think about not being able to use the shower in their high priced cabin.  

Do you understand what emoji's are. Look at the wink in my original comment.

I've obviously struck a nerve with your husband. Mine fell in a normal shower, it happens. I wish you well in your quest.

And FWIW, the GS is the entry level suite. I have 3 booked next year, one at 2 grand, the other two in the low 3's.  Booked a few OS's in the mid 3's. Cheers 

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Do you understand what emoji's are. Look at the wink in my original comment.

I've obviously struck a nerve with your husband. Mine fell in a normal shower, it happens. I wish you well in your quest.

And FWIW, the GS is the entry level suite. I have 3 booked next year, one at 2 grand, the other two in the low 3's.  Booked a few OS's in the mid 3's. Cheers 

Could care less about your emoji choices.  I’m not on a quest, merely aware through unfortunate mishap that the concerns expressed are valid.  Your comment that a GS is entry level is not worth much as it is completely irrelevant  - nor is what you have paid or have booked since you are happy to use the gym.  A suite of any level is pretty much always going to be a markedly higher price point than a non- suite.  And honestly — regardless of cabin category, a safer design would be appropriate.   Needing to use the gym for your showers shouldn’t be necessary to consider.

And time to engage the function of the ignore list

Edited by 3kidsncats

1 minute ago, 3kidsncats said:

Could care less about your emoji choices.  I’m not on a quest, merely aware through unfortunate mishap that the concerns expressed are valid.  Your comment that a GS is entry level is not worth much as it is completely irrelevant  - nor is what you have paid or have booked since you are happy to use the gym.  A suite of any level is pretty much always going to be a markedly higher price point than a non- suite.  And honestly — regardless of cabin category, a safer design would be appropriate.   Needing to use the gym for your showers shouldn’t be necessary to consider

This 😉 is a wink. You use it when making a joke. Sorry it went over your head.😇

Ciao

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

a safer design would be appropriate.

much the same argument used by the family when their daughter went over the side of Freedom.

There is nothing wrong with the design, it just might no be appropriate for all, but the majority seem to have no problem with it.  I do understand your concern with wanting to know about the height of the tub as it relates to your making a decision of whether to book or not.  I hope you make the appropriate decision for your specific circumstances.

To the OP's question, yes both JS and GS on oasis class ships have the same bathtub design

16 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

...just as I am entitled to think there is a design flaw if a passenger even needs to think about not being able to use the shower in their high priced cabin.  

It's a flaw that has it's basis in the constraint that all cabins have to be able to be slid into place as a container.  I'm sure cruise ship designers would be happy to make sure tubs are at floor height- but getting proper design for the plumbing makes that impossible for most of the cabins.  Thankfully, that has been dealt with via the handful of accessible cabins.

So if you can swing one of those, get it.  

If not, the only thing I can think about is adding a non-slip mat to the tub AND having some kind of step stool in the bathroom.  Which is not all that convenient since you have to bring those on board yourself.  Hope you can find a solution- for sure, we are super careful getting out of the tub.