11:00 flight out of FLL, how big of a gamble

bryanjaync

I have a friend who retuned home from a HAL cruise in FLL and had a 10 something flight. I told her she was crazy but she made the flight. Toooooo close for comfort for me, like a previous poster said why ruin your relaxation with that kind of stress?

Our options for flights home this cruise were 6:15pm arriving home at 10:35pm, or 11:55am arriving home at 4:35pm. No prize in guessing which one we chose. Unless there is some huge problem that gets us in really late I'm confident that this time should ne almost perfect. I couldn't imagine sitting in the airport until 6pm, I'd be sound asleep on the floor....

jlof,

Good question. I am sure you know how Delta is with the FF seats. The plane could be only 50% full and they still won't allow you to book a seat using FF miles.

If you miss your flight, the ticket agent might be ok with it and just put you on another flight, maybe with no charge or a charge of $50 or so. On the other hand, you could get someone that gets picky, check the rules (whick I don't know what they are at this point), and it could cost you some big $$.

Call Delta and ask this question. I don't know if there is anything on their site about this but you can look.

Go to the Airline board on this site. Someone might be able to answer.

One last suggestion, there is a forum on the internet for FF etc. I do not have the url. Someone on the airline board on this site might.

I hope you make the flight. Just make sure you are in the first group off the ship, what is even better is carry your own luggage off and you will be first.

1 week Carribbean cruise for two....$2500.00

Liesurely breakfast in cabin on morning of disembarkation...$2 tip

Watching all those people scream at each other, check their watches and scramble for a cab to make an 11:00 am flight...PRICELESS.

We made our 11:10 flight on 2/12 with no problems (were at the airport by 9:05). However we were suite passengers which means priority disembarkation so were assigned to the first group AND we were ready to leave at 8:30, took the stairs instead of waiting for an elevator. We were literally the first off the ship after the wheelchair passengers so there were plenty of cabs available.

I would only book an 11:00 flight again if I were a suite passenger. At 9am the security line at FLL is empty, after 10 am, it's a madhouse.

On all our other cruises I was told you are considered priority if your flight leaves before noon. Once we had a flight that left at 12:01 and we were a little worried so we asked about early disembarkation, we were told NO! if our flight had been at 11:59 we would have been ok, but nothing after 12:00p is considered priority.

We disembarked the Westerdam in FLL this past Sunday. We were off the ship by 8:40 am, went thru check-in (15 mins tops) & security (no more than 5 minutes on line) and made a 9:45 am flight. Under normal circumstances, I don't think you would have a problem with an 11 am flight out of FLL. We have done it many times. Of course, we have never had our disembarkation held up for any reason.

You should be able to make that 1100 flight. Like has been said, make sure you let the Front Ofice know and get a disembarkation number/letter/color that allows you to get off the ship in the first group. Take a cab from Port Everglades to FLL (forget the transfer bus!) Providing there are no hiccups at the airport (use the curbside check-in) you should have time to spare! Have an awseome cruise and good luck to you!:)

Archived