Celebrity Edge 2021 embarkation time slots- recent cruisers' experience?

fsukel02

On 7/28/2021 at 12:34 PM, megatwin07 said:

I'm on this cruise too, and in AquaClass. Yesterday I was actually able to move my check in time from 12:30 to 11:30 in the Celebrity App. Maybe something to look into and see if earlier times opened up! 

Thank you for the info. moved from 1:30 to 1130

11 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Boarded on 7/17. Had an easy experience.

Time slot was 1 to 1.30 pm. Arrived at 1.15 pm.

There were two lines, roped, under the shade. Went to the first line. Rep/shore side checked set sail pass and time slot. Let us onto the first line. Couple behind us was told to stand in another place to wait their turn. Lady argued, rep politely told them to wait in another area since they were letting in 1.30 time slot at that moment. There were about 5 couples in front of us. They moved the line very fast. Everybody was request to mask up as they were called inside. People were moved inside from both lines. Inside they checked our vaccine cards and passports and took pictures of those. Then up the escalator to security and then to the ship. Security pictures were taken right before approaching the gangway. Key cards were outside the room. it was quite smooth.

While in line I observed some disgruntled people demanding priority and were told to wait, some in the second line and some in another area. No idea if they were suite guests or others eligible for priority row or just some of those entitled people.

This was the scenario at the time we boarded. Others may have had varying experiences.

Sounds like Celebrity has a handle now with people showing up before their assigned check in times after the first couple of sailings. Thanks for the update.

On 7/28/2021 at 6:13 PM, AlbertaCruisers said:

I wonder if after the first few cruises they have figured out they can have everything clean and ready for boarding by 11:30 and originally had played it save with 12:00 to give enough time.

I am wondering that with reduced capacity  if they alternate may of the cabins used.  This would speed up the cleaning process. In hotels there is a two phase process with time between..

20 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

I am wondering that with reduced capacity  if they alternate may of the cabins used.  This would speed up the cleaning process. In hotels there is a two phase process with time between..

Maybe in some cases, but "reduced capacity" only is for the ship as a whole.  They still are happy to sell out all the suites and higher priced rooms.  Many of the ships are just delisting interior rooms and other lower priced to create that "reduced capacity."

10 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Sounds like Celebrity has a handle now with people showing up before their assigned check in times after the first couple of sailings. Thanks for the update.

Terry, I think it varies from cruise to cruise and time to time, but this is what I experienced and reported. Have a wonderful and safe cruise.