Extend final payment date?

redsox1584

Has anyone had any luck in extending final payment dates with NCL or is that something they even do?  My final payment date is next week but I’m a little leery to make it before NCL even starts sailing.

I did get in an online chat with NCL and they said they could not extend but I didn’t know if it was one of those cases where you can ask 5 different agents and get 5 different answers. 

Our final payment is due August 25th,2021.  Am leery about that also. Our sailing on Oct. 24, I believe has the " cancel 15 days prior to sailing), this will not get cash refund, but a Cruise Credit in the amount paid.   Am a loyal NCL cruiser but their online chat is all over the board on information.  Doubt they will extend final payment,.  the online check in alone, gives me thoughts about waiting later to sail.  Online chat representative told me we could be denied boarding if we were unable to download required documents.  (photos, CDC vaccination cards) but then told by Support Services, CDC cards only needed at Port.  It goes on and on.

• Like 1

My final payment is July 25th, the same day NCL start sailing from Athens. I have been checking the roll calls for the early cruises to see if any of those passengers are alarmed by anything but they all seem to be happy and it looks like they are going ahead. 

I am also reassured by the speed with which I have had refunds returned to me for cancelled cruises,such faster than RCCL.

Given the above I will make my final payment unless it is cancelled in the meantime 

• Like 2

Well I have had an online chat with 2 different representatives and they both said the final payment date cannot be extended.   I’m wondering if it’s because 60 days is already shorter than their normal policy. The 2nd rep I chatted with did confirm I can cancel 15 days before and get a future cruise credit. 

Are you worried about you cruising, or the ship sailing? I intend to pay the final pmnt when it comes due even though I am skeptical that we will sail. If I cancel after that date I wouldn't get a cash refund I believe. But if they cancel I get all my money back. I am vaxed and would even get the 3rd booster shot if required and would probably still not get up close and personal with anyone. So if the ship sails, so do I.

Actually thinking on it more I would think after the final payment date I would be getting only a percentage of my money back as per the NCL cancelation policies.

Edited by bbnmom
addendum

18 minutes ago, bbnmom said:

Are you worried about you cruising, or the ship sailing? I intend to pay the final pmnt when it comes due even though I am skeptical that we will sail. If I cancel after that date I wouldn't get a cash refund I believe. But if they cancel I get all my money back. I am vaxed and would even get the 3rd booster shot if required and would probably still not get up close and personal with anyone. So if the ship sails, so do I.

Actually thinking on it more I would think after the final payment date I would be getting only a percentage of my money back as per the NCL cancelation policies.

Im more worried about the ship sailing I guess. I’m just leery because NCL hasn’t even started sailing yet compared to the other lines. 

for sailings through October 2021, you can cancel 15 days before and get a full refund as a future cruise credit.   https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence#freedom-flexibility

Edited by redsox1584

3 hours ago, redsox1584 said:

Im more worried about the ship sailing I guess. I’m just leery because NCL hasn’t even started sailing yet compared to the other lines. 

for sailings through October 2021, you can cancel 15 days before and get a full refund as a future cruise credit.   https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence#freedom-flexibility

Our cruise is for Nov.28  '21.  so we miss the 15 day rule. Final payment is due sometime late Sept. At any rate you are safe because if they cancel they owe you a full refund. And as long as you are willing to accept a FCC you will surely be able to decide by 2 weeks before cruising. The only issue would be if they went bankrupt and I don't see how that is possible with them sailing from so many other places.

Edited by bbnmom
added
  • Like 1