trouble filling out best price guarantee form

sunsetme

I have a small price reduction in my Oct cruise. I downloaded the form and can fill out some parts of it but not others.

What am I doing wrong? I can try calling Celebrity if I have 3 hours to kill waiting on hold.

I had the same issue.  I could fill in a lot of stuff electronically and not all (some said, to insert information click here, or something like that, but it wasn't a field I could type in).  I had to print it out, filling the other information then scan it back in and email it.

I had the same issue. But since I was allowed to put our booking number in along with other basic information, what else do they really need. They can look up the booking and do the math. In our case we actually got over $200 OBC more than we were expecting.

41 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

I have a small price reduction in my Oct cruise. I downloaded the form and can fill out some parts of it but not others.

What am I doing wrong? I can try calling Celebrity if I have 3 hours to kill waiting on hold.

Form only works in the USA - sorry but phone is the only choice.

If you have been using the 08 numbers you might have more success on the actual real number: 01932 834300.

4 hours ago, the penguins said:

Form only works in the USA - sorry but phone is the only choice.

If you have been using the 08 numbers you might have more success on the actual real number: 01932 834300.

Form didn’t work for me either and I am in the USA.  Had to print it out, handwrite the information and then scan.  

• Like 1

Here's the form.

Microsoft Word - Best Price Guarantee Form.docx (celebritycruises.com)

The only blocks I can fill out are listed below. Everything else was grayed out, but available to Celebrity (or RCCL) on your booking. Once I filled the form out and saved it, I created an email and sent it to the address at the bottom of the form with a brief summary of what I wanted along with the filled out form attached. Were any of you not able to fill in the fields listed below?

* First Name:

* Last Name:

* Telephone Number:

* Email Address:

* Country of Residence:

* Sail Date:

* Reservation Number

* Select a Ship

* Where did you see the lower rate advertised?

* Tell us which adjustment you would prefer

Edited by Ken the cruiser

5 hours ago, CyberTag said:

Form didn’t work for me either and I am in the USA.  Had to print it out, handwrite the information and then scan.  

Yes but then it works. I did as you did and got the reply that the form was only valid for bookings made in the US. Submitted form again via the Shareholder email address (I am a shareholder) and was again rejected. Phoned UK office refunds/credits done immediately.

Just checked and the price of the 2nd leg of our B2B2B just increased $160 pp from the price it was on Friday when we submitted the form. Since it's still less than what we originally booked our cabin for, it will be interesting to see if the amount of additional OBC added to our account will be based on the Friday base price or the one advertised today (Sunday). 

On 7/18/2021 at 2:52 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

Just checked and the price of the 2nd leg of our B2B2B just increased $160 pp from the price it was on Friday when we submitted the form. Since it's still less than what we originally booked our cabin for, it will be interesting to see if the amount of additional OBC added to our account will be based on the Friday base price or the one advertised today (Sunday). 

Still waiting to hear re my submitted form and was told it could take up to 14 days.  Did you receive a price reduction?  If so, was it based in when the form was submitted? 

7 hours ago, CyberTag said:

Still waiting to hear re my submitted form and was told it could take up to 14 days.  Did you receive a price reduction?  If so, was it based in when the form was submitted? 

Not sure what's going on with yours other than ours is for Aug cruises and yours is for an Oct cruise. I submitted ours on 7/16 and got the OBC on 7/20. 

Just sent another one in last night (7/25) for our 8/7 cruise. So we'll see how quick they respond this time. Did you get back the following automated email:

Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] Best Price Guarantee for Booking xxxxxxx - m/d/yr Caribbean Cruise

Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated confirmation that your email has been received. Our representatives will reply to your inquiry in the order in which it was received. Please reply only if you need to provide additional information related to your original email. Follow-up emails regarding the status of your query may further delay your response.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to service your request.

7 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Not sure what's going on with yours other than ours is for Aug cruises and yours is for an Oct cruise. I submitted ours on 7/16 and got the OBC on 7/20. 

Just sent another one in last night (7/25) for our 8/7 cruise. So we'll see how quick they respond this time. Did you get back the following automated email:

Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] Best Price Guarantee for Booking xxxxxxx - m/d/yr Caribbean Cruise

Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated confirmation that your email has been received. Our representatives will reply to your inquiry in the order in which it was received. Please reply only if you need to provide additional information related to your original email. Follow-up emails regarding the status of your query may further delay your response.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to service your request.

I got the same automated response.  Then, 48 hours later received another response that it was sent for review and would hear back within 14 days.  Haven’t heard back yet.  

8 minutes ago, CyberTag said:

I got the same automated response.  Then, 48 hours later received another response that it was sent for review and would hear back within 14 days.  Haven’t heard back yet.  

Hopefully, you'll be hearing something within that 14 days. Just curious, did you just fill in the fields in the form you were allowed to fill in when you opened it, or did you download the file, fill in ALL the fields, save it, then email it to them. For me all I did was fill in the fields I was allowed to fill in when I initially opened the file and let them use the information associated with the booking to complete their task. 

If you manually filled in all of the fields, I wonder if that's what caused it to be forwarded 2 days later to another person? Just a guess.

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Hopefully, you'll be hearing something within that 14 days. Just curious, did you just fill in the fields in the form you were allowed to fill in when you opened it, or did you download the file, fill in ALL the fields, save it, then email it to them. For me all I did was fill in the fields I was allowed to fill in when I initially opened the file and let them use the information associated with the booking to complete their task. 

If you manually filled in all of the fields, I wonder if that's what caused it to be forwarded 2 days later to another person? Just a guess.

I filled it out exactly how you did -- filled in online the items I could then in the email I sent them with the form attached I gave them the "missing info" in the body of my email.  So I did not manually fill in all of the fields and I got that exact same message about it being sent for review and I would hear within 14 days.  Nothing Celebrity does seems to be done the exact same way each time!!

5 minutes ago, jcpc said:

I filled it out exactly how you did -- filled in online the items I could then in the email I sent them with the form attached I gave them the "missing info" in the body of my email.  So I did not manually fill in all of the fields and I got that exact same message about it being sent for review and I would hear within 14 days.  Nothing Celebrity does seems to be done the exact same way each time!!

You're probably right. Hopefully you'll be hearing from X soon.

45 minutes ago, CyberTag said:

How long did it take you to hear from them?  Did you just see it in your online account (if so where) or did you receive an email?  

Open up your online X account and go to Upcoming Cruises. Find the booking in question, then click on Manage Reservation. Go down to the Cruise Planner section and then click on Shore Excursions, Dining or Drink Packages. Then look up in the upper right hand corner. If you have available OBC, it will be listed there in the form of "$xxx USD Credit". On our first request, this was how we found out we got extra OBC as they never sent an email. However, the next time they did. Go figure. 😎

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Open up your online X account and go to Upcoming Cruises. Find the booking in question, then click on Manage Reservation. Go down to the Cruise Planner section and then click on Shore Excursions, Dining or Drink Packages. Then look up in the upper right hand corner. If you have available OBC, it will be listed there in the form of "$xxx USD Credit". On our first request, this was how we found out we got extra OBC as they never sent an email. However, the next time they did. Go figure. 😎

Thanks.  I checked and nothing.  Still waiting impatiently since the 16th.  

• Like 1