Carnival out of Fort Lauderdale?

mosiegirl

We cruised out of Fort Lauderdale in 2019 but when I went today to look for one, I didn't see any out of Fort Lauderdale..   Does anyone know if this is a temporary thing?  or permanent?

Carnival has paused going out of ft Lauderdale true. For how long I doubt any of us know. Sorry. I have read they arent doing cruises out of there. Maybe because after they sold so many ships, they currently dont have a left over ship, idk .. no one here will know for how long. 

3 hours ago, mosiegirl said:

We cruised out of Fort Lauderdale in 2019 but when I went today to look for one, I didn't see any out of Fort Lauderdale..   Does anyone know if this is a temporary thing?  or permanent?

This came up a few months ago and someone that lives by the port said there was a new cruise terminal and parking garage being built. Also, dredging in the turnaround basin. Not to mention a new convention center in the area.

1 hour ago, mondello said:

This came up a few months ago and someone that lives by the port said there was a new cruise terminal and parking garage being built. Also, dredging in the turnaround basin. Not to mention a new convention center in the area.

This info is correct.  We loved cruising out FLL, as the port was 3 miles away from our vacation condo.  Was heartbroken when Carnival pulled out, but as BlerkOne said - Princess does sail from there.  Hopefully Carnival will return in the future.  Don't like cruising out of Miami as much as FLL.

6 minutes ago, pe4all said:

This info is correct.  We loved cruising out FLL, as the port was 3 miles away from our vacation condo.  Was heartbroken when Carnival pulled out, but as BlerkOne said - Princess does sail from there.  Hopefully Carnival will return in the future.  Don't like cruising out of Miami as much as FLL.

I'm not positive but I think they said the new cruise terminal is replacing Carnival's old terminal. I agree, Port Everglades was a great setup. Hotels, dining and shopping convenient for cruisers. Flights to FLL were often cheaper than MIA.