Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

wtbl

has anyone stayed at the holiday inn cocoa beach oceanfront? 11 of us are staying there before we go on the mariner 3/5/06. i am looking for info about the hotel and the grounds, food at the hotel cost of the food and drinks. any review would be nice...thanks, bill

Yes. We stayed there because we got it on Priceline. Nothing to write home about. No reason to stay there over others. It's not actually BAD, but there's nothing great about it, either. Only had breakfast, and that was feh. Ate dinner down the road at .............. Gregory's. Great. Not cheap.

has anyone stayed at the holiday inn cocoa beach oceanfront? 11 of us are staying there before we go on the mariner 3/5/06. i am looking for info about the hotel and the grounds, food at the hotel cost of the food and drinks. any review would be nice...thanks, bill

Like the above mentioned, nothing to write home about...but Cocoa Beach is. Nice place for a pre-cruise hotel stay. Just enough to do to fill a day easy. You (like everbody else) could walk down the street to the Ron Jon Surf Shop and look around, the beach really is in back of the hotel, and lots of restaurants too. I wouldn't do food or drinks at the hotel, except for their place that overlooks the beach, there are too many other choices. Good Key Lime Pie from room service though.

We stayed there this past Oct for two days pre-cruise. It is a huge complex. Try to actually "get" ocean front, if none are available, then ask for rooms that are as close as you can get "to" the ocean. The ocean was great and we loved laying out by it all day on Sat. We ordered two loungers and one umbrella and did not move from approx. 9 am to 5 pm. Just what the doctor ordered!! :) I think, but may be wrong, the charge was $25 for the loungers and umbrella.

Our room was clean, other than that, it lookes like a concrete block hotel. The two meals we had at the outdoor restaurant were good and it was nice to eat and watch the ocean. We only had sandwiches - blackened chicken and blackened grouper. Just so you know: they charge an 18% gratuity, and the tip is already on your bill when they bring it to you.

The front desk staff was very helpful at check-in and check-out. No problems there.

thanks too all of you! so there is good, reasonable resturants within walking distance of the hotel? also is there a convient store nearby also so i could buy soada and beer for the room?.....thanks again to all of you!

We stayed there and will not stay again. We stayed on priority club points and they upgraded us to an oceanfront suite when we arrived. I was happy with the room until the following morning. While I was getting ready, a roach crawled out from under the microwave. Yuck! It only takes once for me and I won't stay again.

It was nice to sit out on the balcony early in the morning. In the distance, I saw our ship coming in to port. It was too far away to see any details though.

For our next cruise, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. It's not oceanfront but is a newer hotel.

Stayed there in January, won't do it again! It was not horrible but we found it very noisy , the rooms seemed to have cardboard walls. The breakfast buffet was way over priced, easier to walk across the street to Denny's. The rooms were clean and the location is good, lots nearby.

Have a great cruise.

MAO

Archived