guarantee cabin question

jjduck

We have never booked a guarantee cabin and have a question.  

When they assign your cabin, do you receive an email  or do you check your booking statement?  Just curious what we should look for in the coming months.

We booked a May 2022 cruise three weeks ago in Aqua class when only guarantees were available.

Thanks for any information.

No email.  You have to keep checking your account.  Generally when it's GTY this far in advance a room is assigned well before sailing date. 

I believe most GTY rates at the moment don't include the AI perks, I hope you are aware of that or at least go back and verify on your invoice if you are expecting the perks.

If perks are included you should see something like "Always Included" in the promotions section on the Celebrity invoice.

Agree you find out when it shows on your reservation summary.   Sometimes it is assigned within days or weeks other  times I didn't have it assigned at all and won a Move UP to a Royal so was pleased to say the least.    Unfortunately the cruise line sent me an email just as we were landing in FLL that they were suspending all cruises. 

45 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Unfortunately the cruise line sent me an email just as we were landing in FLL that they were suspending all cruises. 

That must have been a double blow! I did a reply to you about the Isle of Wight ferry. Not sure if you would have seen it. 

4 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

That must have been a double blow! I did a reply to you about the Isle of Wight ferry. Not sure if you would have seen it. 

I just saw it and really appreciate the advise.   I guess we will have to figure out what the weather is like on our two turn around days and see if we can do the Isle of Wight.    

We have neither been there before and looks like a fun day.   Thanks for you recommendations.  

44 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I just saw it and really appreciate the advise.   I guess we will have to figure out what the weather is like on our two turn around days and see if we can do the Isle of Wight.    

We have neither been there before and looks like a fun day.   Thanks for you recommendations.  

We spent 4 days o the Isle of Wight before our last cruise. Fabulous place!! We returned a day before our cruise, as on a rare occasion the ferries don't go due to weather. Panic set in as we imagined watching our ship sail without us from the island .