IONA Entertainment

lynn2002

I'm on the Iona sailing 21 August and starting to get excited that I am actually going on holiday, albeit to Scotland and back.  I cannot book any entertainment until 6 August but for those sailing on the Iona on earlier sailings what entertainment do they have listed, ie what's on in the main theatre, films, activities, speakers, who's on in the Limelight club.  Do they have any fun activities to do with my daughter, the only teenager on board this cruise!

Hi,

I’m on Iona maiden next Saturday and entertainment booking opened up last Friday for me - there were only 4 shows to book (these were Joe Pasquale, Tony Hadley, a show called Festival and a comedian called Manuel Martinez). These were listed under the Signature Performances section under the Entertainment tab. The other options under the Entertainment tab were Live Music, Guest Presenters, Learn Something New and Activities, but these aren’t available to book and it just advises you to turn up once on board. It doesn’t give you a chance to book the Limelight Club either - I think that’s another one to book once on board, although I’m sure an act called La Voix is playing there - at least for my cruise.

A word of advice, I received an email saying my Entertainment booking would go live on 23rd July, which it did, but not until around midnight that night - so keep trying if it doesn’t give you the option to book straight away!

Happy cruising! 😁

2 hours ago, shopaholic6 said:

The other options under the Entertainment tab were Live Music, Guest Presenters, Learn Something New and Activities, but these aren’t available to book

Under guest presenters for the maiden, you can book Stephanie Beacham for Friday 13th at 2pm.

You have some good acts on and fireworks to top it all.  Most probably because its the Maiden cruise.  I suspect that the acts will be different for us as I can't imagine them wanting to stay on the ship for three weeks!  

Do they mention any films?  I'm trying to avoid the cinema in case they are showing on board.

What kind of activities can be booked.  I'm concerned that the sole teenage passenger (my daughter) is going to get very bored.

Iona 14th August Entertainment 

Signature performances became available to book c. midnight 

Vocalist Lloyd Wade : Session Man

Headliners : Festival

Comedian Manuel Martinez

Vocalist Lloyd Wade : Soul Review

Headliners Centre Stage

Nothing available to book under the other categories at this stage, albeit the 'Book' button is showing against some of the other options.  

3 hours ago, lynn2002 said:

You have some good acts on and fireworks to top it all.  Most probably because its the Maiden cruise.  I suspect that the acts will be different for us as I can't imagine them wanting to stay on the ship for three weeks!  

Do they mention any films?  I'm trying to avoid the cinema in case they are showing on board.

What kind of activities can be booked.  I'm concerned that the sole teenage passenger (my daughter) is going to get very bored.

No films or activities are books or at the minute, not sure if they will become so before we sail or whether it’s something you have to book once on board.