Price drop refund

dogboy

After my complaint it took them over a week to reply (by then the time frame for canceling for a resonable fee and rebook was over), but it was just some standard mail. "New prices are just for new booking" etc. blabla... "No price adjustment possibl"e. Considering that they also cut the non-cruise free excursions in Italy, changed the complete schedule of the cruise and added mandatory masks on board, that might be my last NCL cruise... 

On 8/11/2021 at 9:08 AM, Shellbelle28 said:

No. You have to cancel and rebook at the lower price. But... 

-You can't do that after final payment. 

-You can't carry over any of the promos you had on the old booking if they aren't running on the new booking. 

Actually, you can after final payment; my friend did so.  But he was paid up before the final payment DEADLINE, which is probably the key.  Once the deadline has passed, cancelling comes at a cost so the price drop would almost be certainly be of less value.

• 4 months later...

Final payment on my April ‘22 cruise (booked some time ago) was due and made in December.  Yesterday, I noticed that the price had dropped by over $4k (we are a party of 4, in a Haven Two Bed Family Suite).  Emailed my travel agent and, within hours, had FCC in my account for a little more than I anticipated.

For me, at least, this is a reason I will never book directly.  The services of a Travel Agent have been invaluable, especially over the past two years or so.  YMMV.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CazualCruzer said:

Final payment on my April ‘22 cruise (booked some time ago) was due and made in December.  Yesterday, I noticed that the price had dropped by over $4k (we are a party of 4, in a Haven Two Bed Family Suite).  Emailed my travel agent and, within hours, had FCC in my account for a little more than I anticipated.

For me, at least, this is a reason I will never book directly.  The services of a Travel Agent have been invaluable, especially over the past two years or so.  YMMV.

You might want to check on that.  I had an April cruise (it was just cancelled) and  final payment wasn't due until 61 days out, so early Feb for an early Apr cruise.  In that case, any overage should be a cash refund for the full amount (or FCC if that's how you originally paid).

Edited by julig22

I find that the best way to deal with price drops if the prices drop on all cabin categories, to just upgrade your cabin. On my last cruise...ironically which was the 1/5 Getaway that was pulled from us 18 hours before we were scheduled to board....the prices had gone down and I called the cruise consultant and switched from a BA to a Club suite for a total of $37.50 for both of us. I did this about 2 weeks prior to the cruise (that never happened)

• 3 months later...

Writing this on April 19, 2022.  Has anyone had success on getting aFCC within the last month for price drop after final payment?  Since 3/28 I have been trying to get an answer or credit through my NCL PCC and she just said today that yhey have received my request and will evaluate and respond after the sailing…which is May 14-21.  I think it sounds fishy…but I don’t know.  I also submitted a request through general reservations on 3/28 and have heard nothing.  Any updates from anyone?

• 1 month later...