Negative Test Results Email Enough?

spj8705

My wife and I took our rapid test today at a local lab. We received the negative results through email this evening. The email looks like something that anyone could make up themselves.

It has all the information that Carnival is asking for but I’m worried they’ll want something more “official looking”. Can anyone that has cruised in the last week confirm what their results looked like? Will just an email suffice?

I’m going to call the place tomorrow, but knowing someone else’s situation will help me sleep tonight 😀

Print it out or take a screen shot of it. Carnival probably will screen shot it as well and your vaccine card. ..just in case they need to reference it later

People are just printing it out or showing it. I wouldnt have wifi so will screen shot it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since I haven't cruised recently, I can only answer your first question.

My mother got a test done about a month ago at an urgent care center due to possible symptoms.  She was negative.  The email she received had an attached PDF that looked like it had been sent through a fax machine.  It looked formal enough, was perfectly legible, and had all the information Carnival wants, but it had some vertical lines through it.  The font they chose didn't help.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, topaz123 said:

I swear if there is one more " requirement", I"m going to cancel again.....whew....

If you like bacon in the morning and follow it up with a shot of Crown Royal with a Michelob Ultra back, you may reconsider.....😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just print it out. Most emails look like easily made up things so don’t worry about. Carnival doesn’t have the the time or personnel to verify thousands of documents. All they want to be able to say is we required it and they provided something that looks legit. The only paper they’re truly concerned with is green and lives in your pocket. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, MoTex said:

I got my Covid results and so I screen shot the results - Carnival wouldnt take it and I had to log into my email and show them digitally 

Same...I had to do the same thing yesterday upon embarkation.  Some test results don't have the information Carnival wants for proof.  I do applaud Carnival for being diligent on tests, but the process could cause stress for some.

• Thanks 1