MSC Meraviglia Review - August 16, 2021 - 4 night quick review.

Geobugs

Embarkation:  MSC changed the time from 11am to 2:30pm.  I arrived at Terminal C at 10:35am.  One checked bag, $2.  Parked the car.  At the Terminal entrance at 10:50am.  No lines.  Health questionnaire taken.  Nose swapped for 5 seconds in each nostril, just barely inside the nose.  Group 11.  Waited for 25 minutes.  In my

room at 11:45 am.  Very efficient 10/10.

Disembarkation:  Exited the stateroom at 7:45am and walked deck 6 to Waves on deck 5.  We ate breakfast until 8:30pm.  Then we walked off the ship.  It took 15 minutes to exit the terminal, because people are slow walkers.  Facial recognition, no need for a passport.  10/10.

Ship:  Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.  The nicest I have ever sailed on.  Our cabin was 10 starboard balcony.  We always walked from fore to aft via deck 6.  The front was easily accessible to the Bamboo pool and hot tubs, also the Theater.  At port we walked 6 to the rear to disembark.  For dining, we walked deck 6 to L'Olive for MDR, deck 5 Waves for Breakfast and Lunch. 10/10.

Ocean Cay: Umbrellas free at lighthouse beach, but not at the lagoon.  It was very hot, but that is August temperatures.  No rain at all.  The food was horrible.  The buffet was not good, except for the fresh fruit, like awesome pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon, and honeydew.  I won't dock Ocean cay for the food, see later.  9.5/10.

Cabin: Nicely arranged.  The balcony on the starboard side overlooked Atlantis in Nassau, and the beach at Ocean Cay.  I recommend starboard, aka even numbered cabins.  The couch was a very nice place to side.  The shower was very nice.  The only downside was the lack of space around the toilet.  9/10.

Entertainment: Theater shows -  Magic Show 9/10, Rock Show 9/10, Way 10/10.  Karaoke - 9/10.  Liar's Club - 5/10.  Quartet 9/10.  Musicians around the ship 6/10. 

Service:  Cabin steward 10/10 - Dinner MDR always forgot to bring something each night 8/10, Lunch service in Waves 9/10, Breakfast service in Waves 6/10. 

The Cruise director was a 7/10 at most.  His jokes never changed, people at times heckled him, he was not one to mingle among the guests. 

Dining:   The good, the bad, and the ugly.  7/10.

The Good:  Anything Italian, anything Caribbean, anything Indian, any fish, any cheese, any salad, any fruit, any dessert.  Examples of excellent quality and taste, pizza, mozzarella, pastas, meatballs, lasagna, jerk chicken, Caribbean beef, chicken parm, Salmon aka catch of the day, NY strip steak (ordered rare, got medium) , guacamole, fish and chips at lunch.  

The Bad:  Veal, Lamb, Nachos, spring rolls, rice and beans, potato salad,

The Ugly: The Buffet never changed.  No main dining room on port days. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

And yet, food trucks here are considered quite trendy; very much in demand for festivals and such.

We always went back onto the ship for lunch, when we were there, but I do think it's nice that the food trucks are scattered around, for those who want a quick bite near the beach.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

And yet, food trucks here are considered quite trendy; very much in demand for festivals and such.

2021 trendy?  Yes.  In the future?  ???????

I stand by my comment in Post #9 on this thread.  

On 8/21/2021 at 6:40 PM, shipgeeks said:

We always went back onto the ship for lunch, when we were there, but I do think it's nice that the food trucks are scattered around, for those who want a quick bite near the beach.

I'd agree with you.  As an older person I have thoughts of roach coach but for people younger these are all the rage.  These are quite common in cities for the past ten years at least.  I'm sure the marketing folks in Miami and Europe have more in touch experience than someone from the middle of America.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, miataman19 said:

What's the menu like? Is it basic Private Island fare or do they up the offerings?

The menu is upscale, but it is a limited menu.  I don't recall what the menu offered.  I ordered a Lobster Roll and it was delicious.  There was a food truck nearby and the Butlers did go there to get whatever the truck was offering that was not on the menu.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAGR said:

Not the best picture, but you can get the gist.

I appreciate your post.  I didn't have my camera with me; so, no menu photos.  That does look like the same menu as I recall.  

Lunch is not a meal that often eat.  Did not have a Starter and I don't think I had a Dessert.  The Lobster Roll was plenty along with a glass of wine.  

• 2 weeks later...